If you're thinking of applying for this job, make sure your resume is up-to-date and includes at least some of the keywords contained within the advert.Click Here to download our Expert Mining Resume Guide and create the best version of your mining resume.You need a Standard 11 Mining Induction to be eligible for this job. If you don't have one and are not sure what this is, click the Standard 11 Mining Induction link further down the page.
Safety is a high priority in this industry. This job requires you to have a heightened sense of awareness and also appreciate the importance of safety in the workplace.
See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Mining Maintenance Supervisor – Cameby Downs Mine, QLD
The Maintenance Supervisor coordinates the daily crew activity in the Maintenance workshop and ensures that reliable systems are in place to provide maximum machine availability.
The Maintenance Supervisor has several direct reports include Apprentices, Tradespeople on a day shift only roster and Leading Hands on rotating crews.
The role will require the successful applicant to work an 8 on 6 off day shift only roster.
Job tasks and responsibilities
- Maintain workshop compliance with the Safety & Health Management System and the Environmental Management System.
- Ensure all maintenance and servicing is performed in accordance with manufacturer’s instructions and good engineering practice.
- Plan and organize workshop workloads to ensure work is completed efficiently and to a high standard.
- Maintain a record of daily maintenance statistics for breakdown and maintenance events.
- Produce accurate parts lists for the Maintenance Planner.
- Report and follow up on equipment maintenance requirements.
- Actively participate in maintenance planning meetings.
- Supervise the maintenance crews and contractors and allocate tasks and review progress regularly.
- Identify training needs within the crew and address skills gaps.
- Coordinate the on-boarding of new-starters.
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Good analytical thinking and problem solving skills
- Intermediate – advanced ability to use SAP
- Good fault finding skills on heavy mining equipment
- Ability to exercise initiative
- Previous experience supervising employees & coordinating workloads at a department level.
- Previous experience in a relevant trade.
- Sound understanding of risk awareness and hazard identification and a strong commitment to safety.
- Good mechanical aptitude and knowledge of heavy equipment and fault finding processes.
- Trade qualification
- Current RII Supervisor competencies (S1,S2, S3 and G2)
- Current Standard 11 Induction Training generic induction
If you feel you have the required skills and are searching to join a professional team, please apply online now with an up to date CV.
All applications are treated in the strictest of confidence and your details will not be forwarded to the company without gaining your prior consent. Make yourself stand out from everyone and create your resume with keywords contain.
To apply, please click the ‘apply for this job’ button.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic mining operation that recognizes achievement and offers genuine career opportunities. Don’t forget you will need the appropriate mine site qualifications such as Standard 11 Induction TrainingApply for Qualified Coal Mining Maintenance Supervisor Toowoomba
Resources and Infrastructure Industry (RII)
Commonly refered to as Black Coal Competency (BCC), the RII competency is one that can be attained by an operator who has previously worked in the industry and has completed a number of operating hours on various types of machinery.
RII competency is granted to prove correct and safe operation of mine site machinery. It is a very useful qualification to have, as it confirms the operator has the required experience and expertise.
You can transfer your nationally recognised civil Excavator, Front End Loader or Dozer tickets only to RII Black Coal Competencies.