If you're thinking of applying for this job, make sure your resume is up-to-date and includes at least some of the keywords contained within the advert.Click Here to download our Expert Mining Resume Guide and create the best version of your mining resume.
This is a Bowen Basin job located in the Mackay & Coalfields area. Do you live close to this location, or are you willing to FIFO from within Queensland?
You need a Standard 11 Mining Induction to be eligible for this job. If you don't have one and are not sure what this is, click the Standard 11 Mining Induction link further down the page.
Only applicants with real skills should apply. When sending in your application for the job, be sure to highlight the skills you have which are relevant.
Safety is a high priority in this industry. This job requires you to have a heightened sense of awareness and also appreciate the importance of safety in the workplace.
See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Dump Truck Coal Mining Operators x 4
One Key Resources, part of the Fircroft Group, is a specialist provider of Managed Workforce and Labour Hire solutions to the Mining, Oil & Gas and Infrastructure Industries. An employer of choice, One Key Resources employs Open Cut and Underground Operators, Tradespeople and Support Staff at close to 100 locations across Australia.
Ongoing positions available for Dump Truck Operators to work at an Open Cut Coal Mine in the Bowen Basin area. You will be working with a Tier 1 Mining Contractor who requires skilled, experienced and safety minded individuals, engaged on a Permanent Full-Time contract.
They would like Mechanical Truck skills.
- Roster: 7/7 Days and Nights!
- Travel: FIFO from Brisbane/Cairns!
- Length of work: On-going roles!
To be successful in these positions you will possess;
- MUST have a signed SKILLS LIST/COMPETENCIES issued within the last 5 years’ for specific machinery; (General RII for Haul trucks will not be accepted)
- Demonstrated experience in Operating Open Cut Mine Equipment within the last 2 years’ including the following: Mechanical Trucks – CAT 789
- A strong commitment to safety
- SSE signed competencies
- Standard 11 Induction Training/BMA Statement of Attainment
- Coal Board medical
- Drivers License
- Passport/Birth Certificate
- D&A on approval – candidates own cost
In return, these positions offer
- 7/7 Roster
- FREE flights from Brisbane/Cairns
- Ongoing work opportunities
- Accommodation and meals provided
- Weekly pay and Super is paid on all hours
If you feel you have the required skills and are searching to join a professional team, please apply online now with an up to date CV.
All applications are treated in the strictest of confidence and your details will not be forwarded to the company without gaining your prior consent. Make yourself stand out from everyone and create your resume with keywords contain.
If the above role appeals to you APPLY today!
This is an excellent opportunity for you to advance your career with a leading mining contractor. To apply for this role please follow the link below.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic mining operation that recognizes achievement and offers genuine career opportunities. Don’t forget you will need the appropriate mine site qualifications such as Standard 11 Induction TrainingApply for Experienced Coal Mining Job Dump Truck Operators FIFO Bowen Basin
Dump Truck Operator Salaries
How much do dump truck production operators earn in the mines?
Depending on where you live, or which state the mine is located in, as you can see from the information below, the salaries are very different. In Queensland and New South Wales, mining wages are pretty much the same for Dump Truck Operators. Working at a Western Australian mine you can expect to earn about 20% more than if you worked in QLD or NSW.
Dump truck operator jobs are advertised on SEEK and other mining jobs boards regularly.
According to online jobs website Indeed (au.indeed.com), the average salary for a Dump Truck Production Operator in Australia is $41.98 per hour. Salary estimates are based on 326 salaries submitted anonymously to Indeed by Dump Truck Drivers. The data was collected from past and present job ads on Indeed over the last 36 months.
Payscale.com Dump Truck Driver Pay Estimates
Looking at the salary of an entry-level Dump Truck Driver with less than 1 year experience, you can expect to earn an average hourly wage (includes bonus, and overtime pay) of AU$42 based on 24 pay reviews.
With so many different and conflicting articles about salaries, it's difficult to know what the exact take home pay is for a Dump Truck Operator.
Blackwater, Queensland Dump Truck Salaries +40%
According to Payscale.com, Dump Truck Operators in the Queensland Bowen Basin area of Blackwater, earn an average of 39.7% more than the national average. Dump Truck Operators also get more money in Western Australia (26.6% more) and Kalgoorlie (17.0% more). The lowest salaries can be found in Melbourne, Victoria (19.6% less), Brisbane, Queensland (16.2% less) and Sydney, New South Wales (14.3% less).
SEEK mining job salaries for dump truck production operators
What are dump truck operator employers looking for?
The following list is a collection of requirements you'll find in most advertised dump truckk operator jobs
- Experience operating CAT trucks
- A willingness to work rotating rosters
- Ability to contribute and work positively in a team environment
- Able to pass a pre-employment medical including drug and alcohol test
- Competitive Hourly Rate plus super on all hours worked
- Current Drivers Licence
- Current Standard 11 or willing to obtain a Standard 11
- Have a strong commitment to safety and Zero Harm and ensure this is a
- priority and at the forefront of all your decision-making
- Have a strong work history
- High level of safety awareness
- Relevant current RII Competencies
- Relevant RII/ SSE sign offs/ Competencies
- Right to work in Australia - Birth Certificate or Australian Passport
- Sound Work History
- Be reliable and a team player
- Peabody Energy Australia Pty Ltd
- New Hope Corporation Limited
- QCoal Pty Ltd
- Hail Creek Holdings Pty Ltd
- Mt Rawdon Operations Pty Ltd
- Glencore Coal Queensland Pty Limited
- Fitzroy Queensland Resources Limited
- Conquest Mining Limited
- Ravenswood Gold Pty Ltd
- BHP Coal Pty Ltd/li>
- Baralaba Coal Company Pty Ltd
- Anglo American Metallurgical Coal Pty Ltd
- Santos Limited (JV with Santos Limited, Petronas Total and Kogas)
- TEC Coal Pty Ltd
- TerraCom Australia
- Coronado Curragh Pty Ltd
- Yarrabee Coal Company Pty Ltd
About the Bowen Basin mining region, Queensland.
The Queensland Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the world’s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queensland’s first Governor, Sir George Bowen.
The Bowen Basin covers a total area of over 60,000 square kilometres and is located in Central Queensland; running from Collinsville to Theodore. The entire region is home to many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.
Here's a list of mining companies with operations in the Bowen Basin.
For a more detailed view of the above list, here's the link to Queensland State Development mines list
Caterpillar Haul truck 789
The Caterpillar 789 dump truck is typically used in open pit mining. The 789 has a capacity of 177 tonnes, and its engine can produce 1770 horsepower.
There are hundreds of CAT 789 dump trucks on various mine sites in Australia; working hard in open-cut coal mines as well as hauling raw iron ore dirt across the open, dusty mine sites of Western Australia.
Read more about the CAT 789 mining dump truck on our website.
Resources and Infrastructure Industry (RII)
Commonly refered to as Black Coal Competency (BCC), the RII competency is one that can be attained by an operator who has previously worked in the industry and has completed a number of operating hours on various types of machinery.
RII competency is granted to prove correct and safe operation of mine site machinery. It is a very useful qualification to have, as it confirms the operator has the required experience and expertise.
You can transfer your nationally recognised civil Excavator, Front End Loader or Dozer tickets only to RII Black Coal Competencies.