Drillers and Driller Assistants – QLD Coal Mining
Boart Longyear is the world’s leading provider of integrated drilling services, drilling equipment and performance tooling for mining and drilling companies globally. Their range of highly productive drill rigs and performance tooling is suited to a variety of applications including, mineral exploration, mining, energy, environmental sampling and remediation, as well as infrastructure reinforcement and development.
The successful candidates will ideally have a current BMA Core Induction, and have experience working on BMA/ BHP Coal sites, however this is not essential.
They are seeking professionals who are focused on delivering a quality service to there clients in a safe and productive manner. By joining there team, you will receive competitive shift rates with a bonus scheme. These positions are based around a 7/7 FIFO roster. Employees are flown from Brisbane to site with flights, meals and camp accommodation supplied. This is a full-time, permanent role with leave benefits.
Job tasks and responsibilities
- Operate ancillary equipment including backhoe, lighting towers and onsite trucks
- Assist to set up/dismantle/move drill rigs and equipment
- Assisting with loading and unloading heavy vehicles
- Ensure site safety and follow Safe Work Instructions
- Add/remove drill rods/augers and other down hole tools
- Conduct and complete necessary safety paperwork and processes
- Clean drill rigs, vehicles, equipment and tools
- Assist with daily pre-start check functions
- Assist in routine maintenance on drill rigs, equipment, vehicles and tools
- Assist with mixing drilling mud’s/fluids/chemicals/cement as required
- Maintaining adequate water supply
- Maintaining the drill site, drill rig, work area, lunch room, vehicles and equipment in a clean hazard free condition
- Perform first aid where required
Skills and experience
- HR Drivers License (essential)
- Current First Aid & CPR or willing to obtain
- Minimum 1 year offsiding in coal (preferred for Driller Assistants)
- Ability to provide a satisfactory National Police Clearance
- Certificate II/ III in Drilling Operations (highly regarded, essential for Drilling applicants)
- Previous experience in the Drilling industry
- Demonstrated personal commitment to working safely
- Team focused
Job benefits and perks
- Competitive shift rates, bonus eligibility, annual/sick/personal leave entitlements
- Flights (from Brisbane), site accommodation with gym, and all meals provided
- Working for one of the world’s leading providers of drilling products and services in their extensive QLD operations
- Excellent ongoing training and developmental opportunities
Please ensure you have acknowledged all relevant experience, tickets and licenses required in your application. If you are successful to the next stage you must be able to provide two current referees and pass a pre-employment medical.
Apply for Drillers and Driller Assistants – QLD Coal
This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic mining operation that recognizes achievement and offers genuine career opportunities. Don’t forget you will need the appropriate mine site qualifications such as Standard 11 *Standard 11 Training*Apply for Coal Mining Job Driller Assistants FIFO Brisbane QLD
Learn more about the Bowen Basin mining location.
The Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the world’s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queensland’s first Governor, Sir George Bowen.
The Bowen Basin covers an area of over 60,000 square kilometres in Central Queensland running from Collinsville to Theodore and is dotted with many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.
Caterpillar Haul truck 793
The 793F has a load cpacityof 226.8 ton (US) and a top speed of 60 kilometres an hour. It's a turbocharged air-to-air aftercooled diesel engine that has enhanced power management capability for maximum hauling performance. The C175-16 is a 16-cylinder, four-stroke design that uses long, effective power strokes for optimum efficiency.
The 793F, is an autonomous-driven truck. Over 100 793F trucks are now operating via Command for hauling, the Cat autonomous truck operations system, which is a part of Cat MineStar™
Read more about the CAT 793 automomous mining dump truck on our website.