iMINCO Mining Jobs - sign up for 2020 mining jobs
Expressions of Interest – Exploration Supervisors & Exploration Geologists
Exploration Supervisors & Exploration Geologists
Currently recruiting for upcoming FIFO positions within geological services team. The potential roles are apart of long-term contracts within the coal mining and exploration industry therefore relevant industry experience is required.
The roles they are looking to short-list are as follows:
1. Exploration Supervisors
The exploration supervisor oversees and directs exploration geologists and contractors to ensure that the field component of exploration programs is undertaken within quality, time and budget requirements.
2. Exploration Geologists
The exploration geologist undertakes and supervises the field component of exploration activities. The exploration geologist must provide high quality geological data that has been collected and processed in accordance with client technical standards.
To be successful in the above roles you will possess:
- Geology degree or related discipline
- Coal Mining Safety & Health qualifications
- Standard 11 Induction Training Induction & Coal Board Medical
- RIIRIS301A – Apply risk management process
- RIIROHS301A – Conduction Safety and Health Investigations
- RIICOM301A – Communicate Information
- RIIRIS402A – Carry out the risk management processes (G2)
- Knowledge of coal geology including relevant aspects of coal quality and utilisation.
- Knowledge of current safety legislation under which they are working and specific obligations under the legislation relevant to the position held.
- Knowledge of and demonstrated competency in the safety and health management system and SOPs/SWPs relevant to the work area and activities being undertaken.
- Ability to manage contractors and co-workers.
- Ability to coach/mentor and manage team members/peers.
- Strong report writing skills.
- Demonstrated ability to manage geologists and contractors (Supervisors Only)
- Root cause analysis training (Supervisors Only)
- Ability to undertake formal risk assessments on tasks (Supervisors Only)
- Solid understanding of open-cut and underground coal mining operations and how these relate to the needs of exploration data
Applicants based in Brisbane, Newcastle or Mackay will be looked at favourably.
If you feel you have the required skills and are looking to join a professional team, please apply online now with an up to date CV.
All applications are treated in the strictest of confidence and your details will not be forwarded to the company without gaining your prior consent. Make yourself stand out from everyone and create your resume with keywords contain.
When applying please be sure to include with your cv your Drivers license and all relevant certificates and High Risk tickets.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic mining operation that recognizes achievement and offers genuine career opportunities. Don’t forget you will need the appropriate mine site qualifications such as Standard 11 Induction TrainingApply for Coal Mining Exploration Geologists Supervisors FIFO Brisbane
Resources and Infrastructure Industry (RII)
Commonly refered to as Black Coal Competency (BCC), the RII competency is one that can be attained by an operator who has previously worked in the industry and has completed a number of operating hours on various types of machinery.
RII competency is granted to prove correct and safe operation of mine site machinery. It is a very useful qualification to have, as it confirms the operator has the required experience and expertise.
You can transfer your nationally recognised civil Excavator, Front End Loader or Dozer tickets only to RII Black Coal Competencies.