If you're thinking of applying for this job, make sure your resume is up-to-date and includes at least some of the keywords contained within the advert.Click Here to download our Expert Mining Resume Guide and create the best version of your mining resume.This is a Bowen Basin job located in the Mackay & Coalfields area. Do you live close to this location, or are you willing to FIFO from within Queensland?
You need a Standard 11 Mining Induction to be eligible for this job. If you don't have one and are not sure what this is, click the Standard 11 Mining Induction link further down the page.
Safety is a high priority in this industry. This job requires you to have a heightened sense of awareness and also appreciate the importance of safety in the workplace.
See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Coal Exploration Geologists – Bowen Basin
- 14/7 and 14/14 rosters available
- immediate start, or January 2019
- FIFO Brisbane to Site
- established long term projects
- remuneration commensurate with experience and skills
Sentinel Exploration & Resource Management is a multi-disciplinary service company in the Resource industry, particularly in Coal and Gas. Experienced team has been supplying a spectrum of Exploration Services including Geological, Drilling, Laboratory and Project Management services to clients throughout Australia and overseas for over a decade.
The successful applicants will have:
- At least 2 years experience as a Coal Exploration Geologist
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Excellent Logistical Skills
- Bowen & Surat Basin experience desirable
- IT skills (MS Office , data entry software)
- Commitment to Safety in all facets of the job
- Maturity, lateral thinking, willingness to work cooperatively
- Current Coal Industry inductions (desirable)
- C-class drivers license
Come and join the team of experienced professionals, where you will be valued as an individual, and as an integral part of our team. You will be offered Professional Development opportunities along the way, and you will be greatly rewarded for contributing to our Projects’ success.
If you feel that you are up to the challenge, send us your C.V. today!
If you feel you have the required skills and are searching to join a professional team, please apply online now with an up to date CV.
All applications are treated in the strictest of confidence and your details will not be forwarded to the company without gaining your prior consent. Make yourself stand out from everyone and create your resume with keywords contain.
Would you like to apply for this position?
This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic mining operation that recognizes achievement and offers genuine career opportunities. Don’t forget you will need the appropriate mine site qualifications such as Standard 11 Induction TrainingApply for Experienced Coal Mining Exploration Geologists FIFO Queensland
About the Bowen Basin mining region, Queensland.
The Queensland Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the world’s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queensland’s first Governor, Sir George Bowen.
The Bowen Basin covers a total area of over 60,000 square kilometres and is located in Central Queensland; running from Collinsville to Theodore. The entire region is home to many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.
Here's a list of mining companies with operations in the Bowen Basin.
- Peabody Energy Australia Pty Ltd
- New Hope Corporation Limited
- QCoal Pty Ltd
- Hail Creek Holdings Pty Ltd
- Mt Rawdon Operations Pty Ltd
- Glencore Coal Queensland Pty Limited
- Fitzroy Queensland Resources Limited
- Conquest Mining Limited
- Ravenswood Gold Pty Ltd
- BHP Coal Pty Ltd/li>
- Baralaba Coal Company Pty Ltd
- Anglo American Metallurgical Coal Pty Ltd
- Santos Limited (JV with Santos Limited, Petronas Total and Kogas)
- TEC Coal Pty Ltd
- TerraCom Australia
- Coronado Curragh Pty Ltd
- Yarrabee Coal Company Pty Ltd
For a more detailed view of the above list, here's the link to Queensland State Development mines list