You need a Standard 11 Mining Induction to be eligible for this job. If you don't have one and are not sure what this is, click the Standard 11 Mining Induction link further down the page.
This job asks for motivated people. How do you motivate yourself?
Only applicants with real skills should apply. When sending in your application for the job, be sure to highlight the skills you have which are relevant.
See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Coal Mine Surveyor – DIDO 8/6 Emerald – FIFO Brisbane 7/7
This large and established surveying consultancy with operations throughout Australia has secured another mining project. With a major pipeline of contracts to service this company presents the ideal opportunity to secure a long-term role and develop your career.
Specializing in major mining & infrastructure projects this company has the order book of projects to provide you with your next major career highlight. A large established open cut coal mine, with a long-term mine life it will give you the opportunity to develop your skills to become an all-round skilled Mine Surveyor.
You will need to be an enthusiastic & motivated employee, with an excellent attitude to team work and a can-do attitude to problem solving. You should be a highly competent mine surveyor with experience set out, monthly volume pick-ups and end of month reporting. You will need to be a driven self-starter and have the ambition to develop your career.
- DIDO 8/6 residential available from Emerald
- FIFO 7/7 available from Brisbane
- Associate Diploma in Surveying or higher
- Bachelor of Spatial Science or relevant degree desirable
- Registered and endorsed Mine Surveyor
- 2 – 5 years’ experience in Mine Surveying
- Open cut coal mine experience desirable
- Vulcan & I-site Studio mine planning software experience
- Leica GPS survey equipment
- Salary will depend on experience
- Standard 11 Induction Training induction
You will be working on a highly sort after roster in the heart of the Galilee Basin with other opportunities also available in the Bowen Basin, working with some of the most prestigious mining contractors in Australia.
You will be rewarded with an excellent base salary, working with an excellent project team you will be provided with plenty of opportunities to develop professionally whilst enjoying an excellent social aspect in & out of your work.
How to apply
This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic mining operation that recognizes achievement and offers genuine career opportunities. Submit an application for this position, use the Apply button below. Don’t forget you will need the appropriate mine site qualifications such as Standard 11 Induction TrainingApply for Coal Mine Surveyor – DIDO 8/6 Emerald – FIFO Brisbane 7/7
About the Bowen Basin
The Queensland Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the world’s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queensland’s first Governor, Sir George Bowen.
The Bowen Basin covers an area of over 60,000 square kilometres in Central Queensland running from Collinsville to Theodore and is dotted with many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.
Here's a list of mining companies with operations in the Bowen Basin.
- Peabody Energy Australia Pty Ltd
- New Hope Corporation Limited
- QCoal Pty Ltd
- Hail Creek Holdings Pty Ltd
- Mt Rawdon Operations Pty Ltd
- Glencore Coal Queensland Pty Limited
- Fitzroy Queensland Resources Limited
- Conquest Mining Limited
- Ravenswood Gold Pty Ltd
- BHP Coal Pty Ltd/li>
- Baralaba Coal Company Pty Ltd
- Anglo American Metallurgical Coal Pty Ltd
- Santos Limited (JV with Santos Limited, Petronas Total and Kogas)
- TEC Coal Pty Ltd
- TerraCom Australia
- Coronado Curragh Pty Ltd
- Yarrabee Coal Company Pty Ltd
For a more detailed view of the above list, here's the link to Queensland State Development mines list