Coal Recovery Auger Maintenance Planner
Coal Augering Services offers a turnkey high productivity contract auger mining service, enabling safe and economic access to reserves which are otherwise inaccessible. Coal Augering Services is able to undertake all works from pit clean-up through to product haulage to ROM.
Coal Augering Services’ new generation of coal recovery augers are capable of drilling holes with diameters ranging from 1.2m up to 1.9m, to a depth of more than 200m and augering up to 2,400 tonnes in a 12-hour operating shift.
The Auger Miner Maintenance Planner is a role that is pivotal to the operations of the company, and therefore the success of the company.
Description of Duties:
- Target 100% Compliance to Mine Site requirements for equipment
- Reporting on monthly availability of equipment; Target 88% overall equipment availability
- Effectively plan and execute maintenance tasks, planned maintenance downtime
- Maintain supply of all consumables required by crew to carry out maintenance tasks
- Maintain system of records regarding all maintenance and compliance related tasks
- Maximize operational production time through effective maintenance management
- Maintain asset compliance and operational readiness at all times
- Efficient scheduling equipment maintenance tasks to minimize production downtime
- Establish and maintain regular and effective information flow between yourself and maintenance crew
- Continuous improvement in R&M cost reductions
- Establish and maintain a comprehensive historical record of compliance, repairs and maintenance for each individual asset
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Minimum 2+ years’ experience as a Maintenance Manager/Planner targeting Highwall Mining Equipment
- Minimum 2+ years’ experience working with BryDet Development Coal Recovery Auger models AM1500 and/or 2854-72
- 2 years’ experience with Caterpillar Oil Commander Software, as well as CAT SOS Oil Sampling Techniques
- Prior proven work experience with Industrial Scientific Portable Gas Monitors, specifically the Ventis Pro and the iBrid MX6, as well as RKI Instruments Eagle 2
- Prior proven work experience with iTrans, Draeger, and Trollex fixed gas monitoring equipment
- Prior work experience with Maintenance Experts (MEX) computer software
- Prior work experience with Microsoft Office 365 suite, and exceptional knowledge of Microsoft SharePoint
- Prior work experience with Xero Accounting system
- Prior experience with inventory, stores, or warehouse management is beneficial
- Equipment & Mechanical familiarity or aptitude required
- Ability to work 55-60 hours per week consistently
- Initial contract in Biloela, but must be willing to move to other regional areas of Queensland as business needs dictate
Minimum Requisite Pre-Employment Competencies:
- Coal Board Medical
- Standard 11 *Standard 11 Training* / General Induction Queensland (GIQ)
- Open Queensland Drivers’ License
Recommended Personal Attributes:
- Superior organizational & time management skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to adapt and respond to changing circumstances and competing priorities
- Well-developed interpersonal skills
- Verbal and written communication proficiency
- Self-motivated, able to work autonomously, with a keen sense of initiative.
Salary $99,000 plus super
Why work for Coal Augering Services?
- We are Australia’s leading Coal Augering company;
- Great team ethic;
- Opportunity to implement and develop efficient maintenance planning strategies;
- Competitive salary packaging on offer for the right candidate, including accommodation if required.
Please send your resume and supporting letter addressing each of the essential skills and experience requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 18 September 2018.Apply for Coal Mine Site Recovery Auger Maintenance Planner QLD
Learn more about the Bowen Basin mining location.
The Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the world’s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queensland’s first Governor, Sir George Bowen.
The Bowen Basin covers an area of over 60,000 square kilometres in Central Queensland running from Collinsville to Theodore and is dotted with many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.
Caterpillar Haul truck 793
The 793F has a load cpacityof 226.8 ton (US) and a top speed of 60 kilometres an hour. It's a turbocharged air-to-air aftercooled diesel engine that has enhanced power management capability for maximum hauling performance. The C175-16 is a 16-cylinder, four-stroke design that uses long, effective power strokes for optimum efficiency.
The 793F, is an autonomous-driven truck. Over 100 793F trucks are now operating via Command for hauling, the Cat autonomous truck operations system, which is a part of Cat MineStar™
Read more about the CAT 793 automomous mining dump truck on our website.
Resources and Infrastructure Industry (RII)
Commonly refered to as Black Coal Competency (BCC), the RII competency is one that can be attained by an operator who has previously worked in the industry and has completed a number of operating hours on various types of machinery.
RII competency is granted to prove correct and safe operation of mine site machinery. It is a very useful qualification to have, as it confirms the operator has the required experience and expertise.
You can transfer your nationally recognised civil Excavator, Front End Loader or Dozer tickets only to RII Black Coal Competencies.