See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Coal Mine Planning Engineer – FIFO Brisbane QLD
- O/C Coal Mine – 5/2/4/3 Roster
- FIFO from Brisbane – Flights covered by the client
- On-going contract role for a Mining Engineer
Stellar Recruitment has an opportunity for a Mine Planning Engineer to join a technical team at an open-cut coal mine in the Bowen Basin. This low-cost producer is searching to bring an Engineer on board who has an excellent attitude and some mine planning experience within a truck and shovel operation.
Reporting to the Technical Services Superintendent your duties include:
- Design and scheduling of truck and shovel operations – Load & Haul, Dig & Dump
- Analysis of equipment and implementation of improvements to optimize performance
- Liaising with all mine departments
- Various business improvements projects
To be successful in this position you will have:
- Tertiary qualifications in mine engineering
- Previous experience in O/C mining – ideally 2 to 7 years
- Experience in short to medium term planning & scheduling
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Effective time management
- Deswik software proficiency if possible
In return, you will be offered a competitive hourly rate with flights and accommodation provided by the client.
- Consultant: Lucas Eyers
- Phone : (07) 3009 9621
- Email: email@example.com
All applications are treated in the strictest of confidence and your details will not be forwarded to the company without gaining your prior consent. Make yourself stand out from everyone and create your resume with keywords contain.
Would you like to apply for this job?
This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic mining operation that recognizes achievement and offers genuine career opportunities. Don’t forget you will need the appropriate mine site qualifications such as Standard 11 Induction TrainingApply for Coal Mine Planning shovel Operation FIFO Brisbane Bowen Basin
About the Bowen Basin
The Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the world’s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queensland’s first Governor, Sir George Bowen.
The Bowen Basin covers an area of over 60,000 square kilometres in Central Queensland running from Collinsville to Theodore and is dotted with many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.