If you're thinking of applying for this job, make sure your resume is up-to-date and includes at least some of the keywords contained within the advert.Click Here to download our Expert Mining Resume Guide and create the best version of your mining resume.Safety is a high priority in this industry. This job requires you to have a heightened sense of awareness and also appreciate the importance of safety in the workplace.
See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Coal Handling and Preparation Plant (CHPP) Mining Process Control QLD
With a global portfolio of operations, they offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. There strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where there employees feel strongly connected to there values and objectives, and where the capability of there people is key to success.
About The Role
You will be responsible for the following:
- Promote a culture of Zero Harm and engage in meaningful safety interactions
- Identification, selection and development of business improvement opportunities in areas of technical expertise
- Provide technical expertise for process control, information and communications technology systems
- Contribute to the organizations Technology Strategy
- Delivery of systems strategic plans to ensure compliance, reliability and consistent processes
- Strong participation as a vital member of the Analysis and Improvement team. This involves input into business plans, budgets and effective utilization of the site’s assets,
- Effective engagement and management of contractors and consultants using BHP systems and processes
- Liaising with vendors and colleagues in problem-solving issues that arise
- Ensuring compliance to statutory and regulatory requirements and
- Technically lead small operational and capital projects.
- Minimum 5 years industry experience
- A proven track record of safety leadership
- An autonomous self-starter with a hunger to deliver projects which will have a real world impact
- Demonstrated experience in Root Cause Analysis techniques and continuous improvement tools
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to collaborate with others, communicate and engage with diverse stakeholders to share knowledge and provide technical guidance
- Demonstrated Project Management skills
- Strong organizing and problem-solving capabilities and
- Experience in design, modification and commissioning of control systems & instrumentation for CHPP.
Supporting a Diverse Workforce
At BHP, they recognize that they are strengthened by diversity. They are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. They are an Equal Opportunity employer and they also encourage applications from women and Indigenous people.
They know there are many aspects of there employees’ lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so they offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.
How to apply
This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic mining operation that recognizes achievement and offers genuine career opportunities. Submit an application for this position, use the Apply button below.Click Apply for Coal Handling Preparation Plant Process Control Creek Mine