Coal Handling and Preparation Plant (CHPP) Mining Process Control QLD
With a global portfolio of operations, they offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. There strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where there employees feel strongly connected to there values and objectives, and where the capability of there people is key to success.
About The Role
You will be responsible for the following:
- Promote a culture of Zero Harm and engage in meaningful safety interactions
- Identification, selection and development of business improvement opportunities in areas of technical expertise
- Provide technical expertise for process control, information and communications technology systems
- Contribute to the organizations Technology Strategy
- Delivery of systems strategic plans to ensure compliance, reliability and consistent processes
- Strong participation as a vital member of the Analysis and Improvement team. This involves input into business plans, budgets and effective utilization of the site’s assets,
- Effective engagement and management of contractors and consultants using BHP systems and processes
- Liaising with vendors and colleagues in problem-solving issues that arise
- Ensuring compliance to statutory and regulatory requirements and
- Technically lead small operational and capital projects.
- Minimum 5 years industry experience
- A proven track record of safety leadership
- An autonomous self-starter with a hunger to deliver projects which will have a real world impact
- Demonstrated experience in Root Cause Analysis techniques and continuous improvement tools
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to collaborate with others, communicate and engage with diverse stakeholders to share knowledge and provide technical guidance
- Demonstrated Project Management skills
- Strong organizing and problem-solving capabilities and
- Experience in design, modification and commissioning of control systems & instrumentation for CHPP.
Supporting a Diverse Workforce
At BHP, they recognize that they are strengthened by diversity. They are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. They are an Equal Opportunity employer and they also encourage applications from women and Indigenous people.
They know there are many aspects of there employees’ lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so they offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.
How to apply
This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic mining operation that recognizes achievement and offers genuine career opportunities. Submit an application for this position, use the Apply button below.Click Apply for Coal Handling Preparation Plant Process Control Creek Mine
Learn more about the Bowen Basin mining location.
The Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the world’s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queensland’s first Governor, Sir George Bowen.
The Bowen Basin covers an area of over 60,000 square kilometres in Central Queensland running from Collinsville to Theodore and is dotted with many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.
Caterpillar Haul truck 793
The 793F has a load cpacityof 226.8 ton (US) and a top speed of 60 kilometres an hour. It's a turbocharged air-to-air aftercooled diesel engine that has enhanced power management capability for maximum hauling performance. The C175-16 is a 16-cylinder, four-stroke design that uses long, effective power strokes for optimum efficiency.
The 793F, is an autonomous-driven truck. Over 100 793F trucks are now operating via Command for hauling, the Cat autonomous truck operations system, which is a part of Cat MineStar™
Read more about the CAT 793 automomous mining dump truck on our website.
Resources and Infrastructure Industry (RII)
Commonly refered to as Black Coal Competency (BCC), the RII competency is one that can be attained by an operator who has previously worked in the industry and has completed a number of operating hours on various types of machinery.
RII competency is granted to prove correct and safe operation of mine site machinery. It is a very useful qualification to have, as it confirms the operator has the required experience and expertise.
You can transfer your nationally recognised civil Excavator, Front End Loader or Dozer tickets only to RII Black Coal Competencies.