Chandler Macleod is a national and well recognised recruitment organisation and we are always on the lookout for exceptional candidates to work with us. We are currently seeking experienced operators for a major mining client in the Bowen Basin, reputed for its outstanding working environment and exciting job opportunities. The role offers a competitive remuneration package for the right candidate.
- DIDO role
- Casual on-going assignment
- Lifestyle roster – 5/4/4/5
- Accommodation available
- Coal Handling and Preparation Plant (CHPP) Experience
- Washplant skills
- Dozer, loader and bobcat skills desirable
- Coal board medical Section 4 (under 24 months old)
- Standard 11 *Standard 11 Training* Statement of Attainment
- Passport or Birth certificate and Drivers Licence
- 2 x most recent working referees
Learn more about the Bowen Basin mining location.
The Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the world’s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queensland’s first Governor, Sir George Bowen.
The Bowen Basin covers an area of over 60,000 square kilometres in Central Queensland running from Collinsville to Theodore and is dotted with many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.