See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Civil Scraper/Roller Jobs Mackay
$45.00 – $50.00 p/hr, Meals & Accommodation, 7/7 Roster
- $45.00 – $50.00 p/h + Super paid on all hrs worked
- 7/7 Perm Day Shift Roster
- All meals and accommodation provided
About the Role:
Your new role will consist of, but not be limited to, operating a variety of heavy machinery in an open cut civil / mining environment, while adhering to mine site safety regulations.
Machinery you could be operating, but not limited to:
What you’ll need to succeed:
To be a suitable applicant for these available positions you will need:
- Machinery RII Competencies (Coal)
- Coal Board Medical
- Standard 11 Induction Training Statement of Attainment
- Valid Driver’s Licence
- Pride and accountability for everyone’s safety and wellbeing, including your own
- Ability to work autonomously and as a team player
What you’ll get in return:
This role offers you a chance to work within the Bowen Basin region operating on a coal mine site. You will be working on a 7/7 perm day shift roster. You will be paid super for all hours worked on site, all meals and accommodation will be provided to you by the client.
About the Company:
Their client is a reputable civil construction company, with well-established connections in the Civil Construction and Mining Industries in Central Queensland. This client currently has opportunities available across several of their sites for experienced operators, with a 7/7 perm day shift roster available.
About the Bowen Basin
The Queensland Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the world’s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queensland’s first Governor, Sir George Bowen.
The Bowen Basin covers an area of over 60,000 square kilometres in Central Queensland running from Collinsville to Theodore and is dotted with many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.
Here's a list of mining companies with operations in the Bowen Basin.
- Peabody Energy Australia Pty Ltd
- New Hope Corporation Limited
- QCoal Pty Ltd
- Hail Creek Holdings Pty Ltd
- Mt Rawdon Operations Pty Ltd
- Glencore Coal Queensland Pty Limited
- Fitzroy Queensland Resources Limited
- Conquest Mining Limited
- Ravenswood Gold Pty Ltd
- BHP Coal Pty Ltd/li>
- Baralaba Coal Company Pty Ltd
- Anglo American Metallurgical Coal Pty Ltd
- Santos Limited (JV with Santos Limited, Petronas Total and Kogas)
- TEC Coal Pty Ltd
- TerraCom Australia
- Coronado Curragh Pty Ltd
- Yarrabee Coal Company Pty Ltd
For a more detailed view of the above list, here's the link to Queensland State Development mines list
Resources and Infrastructure Industry (RII)
Commonly refered to as Black Coal Competency (BCC), the RII competency is one that can be attained by an operator who has previously worked in the industry and has completed a number of operating hours on various types of machinery.
RII competency is granted to prove correct and safe operation of mine site machinery. It is a very useful qualification to have, as it confirms the operator has the required experience and expertise.
You can transfer your nationally recognised civil Excavator, Front End Loader or Dozer tickets only to RII Black Coal Competencies.