See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
CHPP Operator Maintainer Coppabella Mining
CHPP Operator Maintainer Coppabella Moorvale Mine Coalfields
Peabody is the leading global pure-play coal company, serving power and steel customers in more than 25 countries on six continents. The company offers significant scale, high-quality assets, and diversity in geography and products Peabody is guided by seven core values: safety, customer focus, leadership, people, excellence, integrity and sustainability
They offer an inclusive work environment and engage, recognize and develop there employees.
About the role:
Coppabella Moorvale mine complex consists of two open-cut mine operations located approximately 140 kilometers southwest of Mackay that produce premium low-volatile pulverized coal (LV-PCI) for export markets.
Reporting to the CHPP Production Supervisor, you will operate all areas of the Coal Preparation plant in line with production schedules. Offering a rotating shift roster whilst working within a small crew team,
You will also be responsible for the following:
- Operate and monitor preparation plant to optimize production and quality as directed by the CHPP Production Supervisor.
- Identify, report and act on all hazards whilst complying with the Health, Safety and Environment Management System.
- Perform train loading operations in line with train schedules and blend parameters.
- Perform CHPP roving duties to monitor CHPP performance and make adjustments as required.
- Perform first response breakdown maintenance tasks as required.
- Conduct P.M. inspections.
- Operate stockpile dozers to manage the product coal stockpile.
- Operate stockpile dozers for reclaim operations and train loading.
- Maintain CHPP equipment as requested during scheduled maintenance periods.
- Maintain cleanliness of all areas of the CHPP and Train Loadout.
- Monitor the co-disposal operation ensuring that hazards are identified, reported and acted on in a timely manner.
This position is offered on a 7/7 Day Night Rotating roster with and can allow for a residential, DIDO or FIFO lifestyle.
- Relevant Trades qualification, Electrical desirable
- Minimum of 3 years operations / maintenance experience in a CHPP
- Strong knowledge of CHPP plant equipment & processes
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, along with the ability to work within a team environment.
- Ability to take accountability and ownership of role and responsibilities
- Staunch commitment to safety and environment as a way of life
- Commit to safety and health as a way of life
- Foster a culture of inspiration, innovation, collaboration and execution
- Are committed to developing an inclusive and diverse workplace
- Offer a reward and recognition program
- Provide professional and technical development opportunities
- Support employees to achieve professional accreditation
Their mission is to create superior value for shareholders as the leading global supplier of coal, which enables economic prosperity and a better quality of life.
How to apply
This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic mining operation that recognizes achievement and offers genuine career opportunities. Don’t forget you will need the appropriate mine site qualifications such as Standard 11 Induction TrainingApply for CHPP Operator Maintainer Coppabella Moorvale Mine Coalfields