CHPP Operator Maintainer Coppabella Mining
CHPP Operator Maintainer Coppabella Moorvale Mine Coalfields
Peabody is the leading global pure-play coal company, serving power and steel customers in more than 25 countries on six continents. The company offers significant scale, high-quality assets, and diversity in geography and products Peabody is guided by seven core values: safety, customer focus, leadership, people, excellence, integrity and sustainability
They offer an inclusive work environment and engage, recognize and develop there employees.
About the role:
Coppabella Moorvale mine complex consists of two open-cut mine operations located approximately 140 kilometers southwest of Mackay that produce premium low-volatile pulverized coal (LV-PCI) for export markets.
Reporting to the CHPP Production Supervisor, you will operate all areas of the Coal Preparation plant in line with production schedules. Offering a rotating shift roster whilst working within a small crew team,
You will also be responsible for the following:
- Operate and monitor preparation plant to optimize production and quality as directed by the CHPP Production Supervisor.
- Identify, report and act on all hazards whilst complying with the Health, Safety and Environment Management System.
- Perform train loading operations in line with train schedules and blend parameters.
- Perform CHPP roving duties to monitor CHPP performance and make adjustments as required.
- Perform first response breakdown maintenance tasks as required.
- Conduct P.M. inspections.
- Operate stockpile dozers to manage the product coal stockpile.
- Operate stockpile dozers for reclaim operations and train loading.
- Maintain CHPP equipment as requested during scheduled maintenance periods.
- Maintain cleanliness of all areas of the CHPP and Train Loadout.
- Monitor the co-disposal operation ensuring that hazards are identified, reported and acted on in a timely manner.
This position is offered on a 7/7 Day Night Rotating roster with and can allow for a residential, DIDO or FIFO lifestyle.
- Relevant Trades qualification, Electrical desirable
- Minimum of 3 years operations / maintenance experience in a CHPP
- Strong knowledge of CHPP plant equipment & processes
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, along with the ability to work within a team environment.
- Ability to take accountability and ownership of role and responsibilities
- Staunch commitment to safety and environment as a way of life
- Commit to safety and health as a way of life
- Foster a culture of inspiration, innovation, collaboration and execution
- Are committed to developing an inclusive and diverse workplace
- Offer a reward and recognition program
- Provide professional and technical development opportunities
- Support employees to achieve professional accreditation
Their mission is to create superior value for shareholders as the leading global supplier of coal, which enables economic prosperity and a better quality of life.
How to apply
This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic mining operation that recognizes achievement and offers genuine career opportunities. Don’t forget you will need the appropriate mine site qualifications such as Standard 11 *Standard 11 Training*Apply for CHPP Operator Maintainer Coppabella Moorvale Mine Coalfields
Standard 11 Mining Induction