This is a Bowen Basin job located in the Mackay & Coalfields area. Do you live close to this location, or are you willing to FIFO from within Queensland?
You need a Standard 11 Mining Induction to be eligible for this job. If you don't have one and are not sure that this is, click the Standard 11 Mining Induction link further down the page.
Only applicants with real skills should apply. When sending in your application for the job, be sure to highlight the skills you have which are relevant.
See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
CHPP Operator Maintainer – Bowen Basin QLD
CHPP Operator Maintainer Coal mine Bowen Basin QLD
The Hail Creek open cut coal mine in the Bowen Basin Region of Central Queensland, that is located 120 kilometers from Mackay, supplies up to eight million tonnes of hard coking coal to steel mills in Asia and Europe each year.
Rio Tinto Coal Australia is a leading mining company in Australia with an established record for developing and managing world standard open cut, as well as underground, coal mines. The Hail Creek Mine is an example of the company providing more than simply providing local employment opportunities and ensuring economic growth for the area as it also works to create positive outcomes for the wider Mackay Region.
About the Role
Ongoing opportunities exist for skilled and experienced Operator Maintainers contribute to the successful operations of Hail Creek Mine. Successful candidates will have proven experience in maintaining mechanical equipment / fixed plant, safe and efficient operation of mobile equipment including D10 or D11 Dozers. Operations of train load out and weighbridge systems. This position is an on going role and successful applicants will be searching at an immediate start on site.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain mechanical equipment/ Fixed plant
- Safe and efficient operation of mobile equipment including loader and Dozer
- Operation of train Load out and weighbridge systems
- Load and maintain CHPP Feed
- Maintain Product and Raw Coal Stockpiles
- Control room operations
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a Operator Maintainer Position
- Trade certificate.
- Experience on heavy equipment including – CAT D10 and D11 Dozers.
- Current Standard 11 Induction Training.
- Current Coal Board Medical.
- Beneficial tickets – Working at Heights, Forklift, Crane etc.
- A medical including drug and alcohol testing is required as part of the recruitment process.
- Camp and meals provided.
- Lifestyle Roster, rotating days and nights.
WorkPac is Australia’s leading, privately owned recruitment provider to the mining, construction, engineering, oil and gas and healthcare sectors. They are proud to partner with some of the country’s leading companies to deliver rewarding career opportunities. WorkPac have over 35 offices throughout Australia, this means you have the flexibility to work anywhere in Australia. Apply for ongoing access to a wide range of temporary and permanent jobs for all skill levels.
Click on the Apply button or for more information please contact:
- Reanna Corrigan -Recruitment Coordinator
- Mackay Office – 07 4969 4709
About the Bowen Basin
The Queensland Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the world’s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queensland’s first Governor, Sir George Bowen.
The Bowen Basin covers an area of over 60,000 square kilometres in Central Queensland running from Collinsville to Theodore and is dotted with many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.
Here's a list of mining companies with operations in the Bowen Basin.
- Peabody Energy Australia Pty Ltd
- New Hope Corporation Limited
- QCoal Pty Ltd
- Hail Creek Holdings Pty Ltd
- Mt Rawdon Operations Pty Ltd
- Glencore Coal Queensland Pty Limited
- Fitzroy Queensland Resources Limited
- Conquest Mining Limited
- Ravenswood Gold Pty Ltd
- BHP Coal Pty Ltd/li>
- Baralaba Coal Company Pty Ltd
- Anglo American Metallurgical Coal Pty Ltd
- Santos Limited (JV with Santos Limited, Petronas Total and Kogas)
- TEC Coal Pty Ltd
- TerraCom Australia
- Coronado Curragh Pty Ltd
- Yarrabee Coal Company Pty Ltd
For a more detailed view of the above list, here's the link to Queensland State Development mines list