See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
CHPP Mechanical Coordinator
Reporting to the CHPP Superintendent, you will be responsible for all scoping, planning, execution and reporting of mechanical maintenance and engineering project work at Moorvale CHPP. You will work with key stakeholders and team members to achieve targeted plant reliability, availability and statutory compliance along with supervising and coordinating with contractors for maintenance days and major shutdowns. You will be required to drive a safe work culture through your leadership and be part of a small but dynamic team contributing to the efficient running of the CHPP.
- Monday – Friday roster, home every weekend
- Opportunity to join an excellent team in the CHPP
- Generous remuneration package, meals and camp accommodation included
About the Company:
Peabody is the world’s largest private-sector coal company and a Fortune 500 company. The company is also a leading voice in advocating for sustainable mining, energy access and clean coal technologies. Peabody serves metallurgical and thermal coal customers in more than 25 countries on five continents.
Currently accepting applications for a CHPP Mechanical Coordinator at Moorvale mine. Coppabella Moorvale mine complex consists of two open-cut mine operations producing premium low-volatile pulverised coal (LV-PCI) for export markets.
Responsibilities in this position include:
- Coordinating and managing all aspects of the scheduling and execution of mechanical maintenance and project activities at the CHPP in order to achieve targeted plant reliability, availability and statutory compliance within the approved operating budget.
- Ensure compliance with safety standards (including the Mechanical Engineering Management Plan) and operating cost budget for CHPP maintenance
- Coordinate and manage all aspects of mechanical maintenance and engineering project work at the CH&PP including:
- Developing a maintenance budget and strategy, and implement a maintenance program for all CH&PP mechanical equipment
- Review completed work orders to ensure schedules are being complied with
- Review actual versus estimated labour and materials expended on work orders in order to improve the accuracy of planning
Liaise with the Production Team and contract service providers to:
- Identify upcoming maintenance requirement
- Identify resources available for the execution of work orders
- Provide technical direction on maintenance tasks
Achieve plant reliability and availability expectations and production targets:
- converting the asset management plan schedules, service report findings and defect notifications into maintenance work orders
- maintaining a backlog of work orders and provide a regular report showing compliance with schedules and the level of backlogged work orders
- selecting and scheduling work orders with due regard for the priority that was indicated
- Manage scheduled maintenance shut downs
- Other duties as required from time to time by the CHPP Superintendent
Successful candidate will have the relevant tertiary qualification in mechanical engineering. It is expected the applicant will have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar role.
Experience with SAP, CMMS, Maintenance Work Management Processes and Defect Elimination are key requirements for this role. You will possess a “can do” attitude and have a strong commitment to safety.
If you’re interested in this role and you believe your skills experience and competencies match the above criteria, please click “Apply button“
Click Apply for CHPP Mechanical Coordinator Position