This is a Bowen Basin job located in the Mackay & Coalfields area. Do you live close to this location, or are you willing to FIFO from within Queensland?
Safety is a high priority in this industry. This job requires you to have a heightened sense of awareness and also appreciate the importance of safety in the workplace.
See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
CHPP Logistics Superintendent Queensland Bowen Basin
Middlemount South Pty Ltd, the majority owner and operator of the Foxleigh Joint Venture, is a wholly owned subsidiary of Realm Resources. Realm Resources is a multi-disciplined international resources company with a strategy to create shareholder value through exploration, acquisition and development of quality metal, coal and minerals sector projects.
Foxleigh Mine is an open cut coal mine producing coal for the export market. Operations are located in the center of Queensland’s Bowen Basin coalfields, 25 km southeast of Middlemount, 300 km southwest of the coastal city of Mackay and 272 km northwest of the city of Rockhampton. An opportunity exists for a suitably qualified and experienced CHPP /Logistics Superintendent to join there team reporting to the General Manager.
The role is Mon-Fri with accommodation provided in the nearby township of Middlemount
Job tasks and responsibilities
The applicant’s duties and responsibilities will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Contract owner for the CHPP, coal haulage and site laboratory contracts. responsible for the coordination of contractors and coal quality.
- Work closely with the marketing, sales and logistics teams to ensure railing and shipment schedules are achieved on time and on spec.
- Provide quality control of the raw and product coal stockpiles for blending requirements to meet customer specifications.
- Coordination and management of the Coal Handling Preparation Plant (CHPP), working closely with the CHPP contractor and other technical experts.
- Review of daily and monthly performance.
- Work closely with the Mining department to ensure that the CHPP production and quality targets are met or exceeded.
- Establish a pipeline of project work to continually improve and optimise CHPP performance.
- Provide regular reconciliations of plant performance and product stockpiles.
Skills and experience
- A tertiary qualification in engineering is preferable but not mandatory.
- 5 or more years of experience in coal metallurgy.
- Strong contract management experience.
- Strong problem solving ability incorporating troubleshooting of technical and complex issues.
- Ability to work closely with a lean site management team to deliver on safety, cost and production expectations.
- Demonstrated ability in understanding and working closely to the MMS values.
Give yourself every opportunity to get this job. If you are applying, don’t send in your normal resume and cover letter. Make sure your resume is edited to show requirements for this job, or your application could be automatically rejected.
How to apply
If you believe you would be well suited to the position please click APPLY NOW by the button below
Click Apply for CHPP Logistics Superintendent Foxleigh Mine Queensland Bowen Basin
NOTE: Did you know that your resume could automatically go into the bin if you don’t format it correctly. Recruiters these days use software to scan your resume for keywords they place in the job ad. This software tried to match up the words in the ad to the words in your resume. If there’s a mismatch – chances are your application will be ignored.
About the Bowen Basin
The Queensland Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the world’s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queensland’s first Governor, Sir George Bowen.
The Bowen Basin covers an area of over 60,000 square kilometres in Central Queensland running from Collinsville to Theodore and is dotted with many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.
Here's a list of mining companies with operations in the Bowen Basin.
- Peabody Energy Australia Pty Ltd
- New Hope Corporation Limited
- QCoal Pty Ltd
- Hail Creek Holdings Pty Ltd
- Mt Rawdon Operations Pty Ltd
- Glencore Coal Queensland Pty Limited
- Fitzroy Queensland Resources Limited
- Conquest Mining Limited
- Ravenswood Gold Pty Ltd
- BHP Coal Pty Ltd/li>
- Baralaba Coal Company Pty Ltd
- Anglo American Metallurgical Coal Pty Ltd
- Santos Limited (JV with Santos Limited, Petronas Total and Kogas)
- TEC Coal Pty Ltd
- TerraCom Australia
- Coronado Curragh Pty Ltd
- Yarrabee Coal Company Pty Ltd
For a more detailed view of the above list, here's the link to Queensland State Development mines list