You need a Standard 11 Mining Induction to be eligible for this job. If you don't have one and are not sure what this is, click the Standard 11 Mining Induction link further down the page.
Only applicants with real skills should apply. When sending in your application for the job, be sure to highlight the skills you have which are relevant.
Safety is a high priority in this industry. This job requires you to have a heightened sense of awareness and also appreciate the importance of safety in the workplace.
See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
CHPP Electricians – North Bowen Basin
Programmed Skilled Workforce is currently seeking experienced CHPP Electricians for ongoing work in the North Bowen Basin. To be considered for this position you must have the following:
- Trade Certificate and Proven experience. Instrumentation preferred but not a necessity
- Experience in minerals processing operations (crushing, handling, dense media circuits, spirals, flotation)
- Experience with maintenance on
- Electric motors
- Control systems maintenance (Schneider PLC & Citect would be ideal)
- Typical process control and monitoring equipment
- Level sensors, speed/limit switches, comms equipment
- High Voltage switching an advantage
- A commitment to Safety and Cultural Awareness
- Current Australian Driver’s License
- Current Standard 11 Induction Training Statement of Attainment
- Ability to complete Coal Board Medical and Functional Assessment
- Coal would be good but definitely not essential
- Front end loader
- Skid steer
- Non-slew crane
- 7/7 Roster
- Drive in and out
- 12.5 hour shifts
- All Inductions and Medicals Paid for
- Competitive pay rates and loyalty incentives
- Casual and Permanent Contracts available
- Great working environment- be part of a team committed to Safety!
- Long term contract
- On-site support
- Camp and Meals provided in one of the best camps in Queensland. Exceptional meals, fully equipped gym
If you are interested in these vacancies and meet minimum requirements please email your resume to Rachel.McNeill@programmed.com.au or call on 0408 707 697 or Andrew Jones 0407 370 519 with any queries
About the Company
As one of Australia’s largest employers, we work with great companies all around Australia and New Zealand to give you the best opportunities to work when and where you want to.
At Programmed, they are committed to creating a safe and inclusive environment which values and respects diverse styles, backgrounds, experiences and perspectives.
They also welcome and encourage women, people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent and people from diverse backgrounds to apply.
Would you like to apply?
If you feel you have the required skills and are searching to join a professional team please Apply online now with an up to date CV.
Click Apply for CHPP Electricians – North Bowen Basin
About the Bowen Basin
The Queensland Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the world’s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queensland’s first Governor, Sir George Bowen.
The Bowen Basin covers an area of over 60,000 square kilometres in Central Queensland running from Collinsville to Theodore and is dotted with many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.
Here's a list of mining companies with operations in the Bowen Basin.
- Peabody Energy Australia Pty Ltd
- New Hope Corporation Limited
- QCoal Pty Ltd
- Hail Creek Holdings Pty Ltd
- Mt Rawdon Operations Pty Ltd
- Glencore Coal Queensland Pty Limited
- Fitzroy Queensland Resources Limited
- Conquest Mining Limited
- Ravenswood Gold Pty Ltd
- BHP Coal Pty Ltd/li>
- Baralaba Coal Company Pty Ltd
- Anglo American Metallurgical Coal Pty Ltd
- Santos Limited (JV with Santos Limited, Petronas Total and Kogas)
- TEC Coal Pty Ltd
- TerraCom Australia
- Coronado Curragh Pty Ltd
- Yarrabee Coal Company Pty Ltd
For a more detailed view of the above list, here's the link to Queensland State Development mines list