A BSB41412 Certificate IV in Work Health and Safety is now the minimum requirement for workplace health and safety management in most workplaces. This is a nationally recognised qualification delivered in a way to suit your needs. Delivery can either be in small groups or as a work based and flexible training program for staff to gain this qualification.
BSB41412 Certificate IV in Work Health and Safety
Core units (9 total)
- BSBWHS401B - Contribute to a systematic approach to managing WHS
- BSBWHS402B - Contribute to the implementation of the WHS consultation process
- BSBWHS403B - Identify hazards and assess WHS risks
- BSBWHS404B - Contribute to the implementation of strategies to control WHS risk
- BSBWHS405B - Contribute to the implementation of emergency procedures
- BSBWHS408A – Assist with compliance with WHS & other relevant laws
- BSBRSK401A - Identify risk and apply risk management processes
- BSBWHS407A – Monitor a safe workplace
- BSBMM401A – Make a presentation
Who should enrol in this course?
The training and assessment is specifically designed to help supervisors, union representatives, safety committee members, safety officers, and others who identify and manage Work, Health & Safety hazards.
- This course requires a significant amount of reading and writing.
- Access to a computer is required for word processing and some internet based research.
- Assignments are generally based around workplace activities. Participants should have access to a workplace that can be used for case studies and/or practical exercises.
- Completion of year 12 is recommended, but not essential.
- General Work experience in the workplace would be significantly beneficial.
Successful completion of this qualification and suitable experience provides you with the opportunity to become a supervisor/manager, or trainee manager in medium and large organisations within the area of occupational health and safety.
After completing study in Occupational Safety, Health and Training you will be able to work as a health and safety practitioner, responsible for the organisation of the safety and health functions within a workplace.
As part of a traineeship, this course can be delivered in your workplace as part of a small group or even one-on-one.
Laptop computers are required for this course. If you don't have one please call the office to enquire about the rental solution. All participants receive comprehensive course notes and handouts that can be used as reference after the course.
Participants must complete the BSB41412 Certificate IV in Work Health and Safety within two years full time, or four years part-time of the date of enrolment.
Participants may enrol at any time.
Face-to-face classroom: $1250
Location: Brisbane and Gold Coast
Please note: Basic English, reading and writing skills are necessary due to safety requirements on mine sites. You will not be accepted at the course should you not have these basic skills.
Contact us NOW to start your Certificate IV in Work Health and Safety
Phone: 0403 560 594
Please read the refund policy before booking this course.
Certificate IV in Work Health and Safety
Learn more about the Bowen Basin mining location.
The Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the worldâ€™s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queenslandâ€™s first Governor, Sir George Bowen.
The Bowen Basin covers an area of over 60,000 square kilometres in Central Queensland running from Collinsville to Theodore and is dotted with many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.
Caterpillar Haul truck 793
The 793F has a load cpacityof 226.8 ton (US) and a top speed of 60 kilometres an hour. It's a turbocharged air-to-air aftercooled diesel engine that has enhanced power management capability for maximum hauling performance. The C175-16 is a 16-cylinder, four-stroke design that uses long, effective power strokes for optimum efficiency.
The 793F, is an autonomous-driven truck. Over 100 793F trucks are now operating via Command for hauling, the Cat autonomous truck operations system, which is a part of Cat MineStarâ„˘
Read more about the CAT 793 automomous mining dump truck on our website.
Resources and Infrastructure Industry (RII)
Commonly refered to as Black Coal Competency (BCC), the RII competency is one that can be attained by an operator who has previously worked in the industry and has completed a number of operating hours on various types of machinery.
RII competency is granted to prove correct and safe operation of mine site machinery. It is a very useful qualification to have, as it confirms the operator has the required experience and expertise.
You can transfer your nationally recognised civil Excavator, Front End Loader or Dozer tickets only to RII Black Coal Competencies.