If you're thinking of applying for this job, make sure your resume is up-to-date and includes at least some of the keywords contained within the advert.Click Here to download our Expert Mining Resume Guide and create the best version of your mining resume.Safety is a high priority in this industry. This job requires you to have a heightened sense of awareness and also appreciate the importance of safety in the workplace.
See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Sample Preparation Mine Technicians
New Century Resources is Australia’s leading, economic mine site rehabilitation company. They will use metallurgical expertise and environmental management competency to restart operations at the Century Mine in North West Queensland, delivering a long term economic rehabilitation for the mine. At New Century Resources, they rely on the spirit of innovation, courage and ingenuity displayed by there people to achieve world class outcomes.
Rewarding opportunities exists for Sample Preparation Technicians to join there team. This position will be offered on a 14:7 roster with FIFO available for non-local candidates (point of hire being Cairns/Queensland).
This position will be responsible for:
- Analysis of samples to agreed standards in a safe, timely manner and store/report data ready for analysis.
- Adhere to an appropriate and effective set of core values and beliefs.
- Follow procedures as outlined in manuals and by senior staff.
- Use his/her time effectively and efficiently.
Key Accountability shall include:
- Sample receival, data entry, management, storage and disposal of all geological, metallurgical and environmental samples as per company requirements.
- Develop and coordinate the delivery of samples in a timely, safe and effective manner.
- Prepare and analysis of samples using various measuring and assay apparatus including metallurgical preparation and sizing equipment; XRF, AAS, Leco carbon / sulphur analyzers, ICP, classical methods, Mastersizer and flotation cells.
- Data collection, review and reporting of results including all required QA/QC procedures.
- Calibration, maintenance and cleaning of laboratory equipment and laboratory areas.
- Maintain and foster an exceptional work ethic.
- Observing safety regulations and compliance with New Century Resources policies and procedures.
- Safe and environmental compliant management of analytical reagents, gases and laboratory wastes.
- Taking the initiative to continually improve work tasks.
- Working effectively and collaboratively with immediate colleagues and others in cross-functional relationships.
- Comply with all regulations and requirements as laid out in Laboratory manuals.
- Ensure that the Lab operates in a manner which maintains and enhances New Century Resources’ reputation with all stakeholders.
- Other reasonable tasks as requested by the Supervisor.
Applicants shall possess the following technical, interpersonal skills, knowledge and qualifications:
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience working in site-based mining operations.
- A minimum of 1 years’ remote site experience.
- Minimum of Certificate III in Laboratory Skills, Sciences or related.
- Diploma in Applied Science, or Degree highly desirable.
- Previous NATA signatory highly valued.
- Base metals laboratory sample preparation methods.
- Calibration, maintenance, equipment cleaning and continuous improvement
- Familiar with lab equipment such as bench flotation cells, rotary sample dividers, grinding mills, crushers, rotary sample divider, pulverisers, cyclosizer and sieves.
- Safety, Health, Environment and community relations capabilities.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to set and manage priorities as directed by supervisor.
- Strong and effective time management planning ability.
- Current First Aid / CPR Certificate.
- Current C Class Driver license.
New Century Resources offers:
- Competitive remuneration.
- Performance Incentives.
- Salary packaging.
- Smart TV’s in bedrooms.
- Two gyms on site.
Please read the above requirements closely and upload a resume and cover letter (word document only) outlining how you meet the above criterion. For more information on New Century Resources please refer to their website: www.newcenturyresources.com
Please submit your resume in a MS Word format by clicking on the Apply button below. All applications are treated in the strictest of confidence and your details will not be forwarded to the company without gaining your prior consent. Make yourself stand out from everyone and create your resume with keywords contain
How to apply
They welcome your interest in joining there team! Please apply on line at “apply for this job” link.
New Century Resources encourages applications from Indigenous Persons, particularly from members of the Communities surrounding the Century operations in Doomadgee, Burketown, Normanton, Karumba and Mornington Island.Apply for Century Mine Technicians Mining Operations FIFO Queensland