Safety is a high priority in this industry. This job requires you to have a heightened sense of awareness and also appreciate the importance of safety in the workplace.
See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
FIFO Diesel Fitter – Caterpillar Specialists
Small Brisbane based heavy equipment maintenance business servicing civil and mining customers throughout Queensland. There primary market is the OEM alternative repair and maintenance of Caterpillar mining and civil mobile equipment.
They pride there selves on personal background and specific equipment knowledge which allows to provide customers with a level of service few do in the market. They provide product and maintenance support from scoping to completion, on-site rebuilds, shut down and break down services.
Job tasks and responsibilities
This role will see you undertake planned and breakdown maintenance on a large fleet of Caterpillar mining equipment including 777F to 797F and loaders up to 994H’s.
As an integral part of the maintenance team, your key responsibilities will include:
- Service, repair and maintain Caterpillar mining equipment.
- Support our customer and ensure they receive the highest quality service for their mobile equipment.
- Identify, suggest and implement improvement ideas for customers maintenance departments.
- Complete accurate service reports for customers maintenance records.
- Drive safety amongst your peers to ensure safety performance.
Skills and experience
You will bring the following skills and experience to the role:
- Trade qualifications with extensive QLD coal mine site experience on Caterpillar mining/civil equipment.
- Proven 3500 series and C175 engine experience is integral for these roles.
- Outstanding communication and customer relation skills.
- The ability to work both within a team and autonomously.
- Strong computer skills.
- Experience on Caterpillar diagnostic software (ET, VIMS, and SIS).
- Demonstrated commitment to high levels of workplace health and safety for yourself and your peers.
- Current coal board medical, BMA core induction and is critical for this role.
- Applicants must possess full Australian working rights.
All candidates must provide two recent contactable work references along with electronic copies of their trade certificate, coal board medical and BMA induction.
Job benefits and perks
- On-going role with a competitive genuine hourly rate of $62-65 depending on experience.
- Superannuation paid on all hours worked.
- Rapidly growing site with future ancillary and electric truck maintenance opportunities.
- Future field service and roster opportunities within in the business around Queensland.
Due to the high volume of applications only candidates who meet the specific requirements of the role will be contacted. WWW.MTKHEAVY.COM.AU
If you are interested in this opportunity, please click the ‘Apply’ button.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic mining operation that recognizes achievement and offers genuine career opportunities. Don’t forget you will need the appropriate mine site qualifications such as Standard 11 Induction TrainingApply for Caterpillar Heavy Diesel Fitter Mining Maintenance FIFO QLD
Caterpillar Haul truck 777
The Caterpillar 777 is a 100-ton haul truck, typically used in open pit mining, manufactured by Caterpillar Inc. The first model of Caterpillar 777 was introduced in 1974. Its diesel engine is capable of putting out 870 horsepower. The 777D, introduced in 1996, was powered by a 938-horsepower diesel.
This truck is one of the entry-level haul trucks most new operators will learn on. Once competent, they will move up to the larger 785, especially when working on a coal mining site.