Qualified Leading Hand Plant Mechanic
WesTrac is an equipment solutions company and one of the world’s leading Caterpillar Dealerships. Operating in NSW, ACT and WA, they supply equipment solutions to thousands of customers across the mining, construction, transport, forestry, agriculture and power generation sectors.
At WesTrac there primary focus is there people. They know that success is the result of more than 3,000 talented people working together to achieve amazing outcomes. Now, as they look to the future and goal of becoming the first choice in equipment solutions, they are more focused than ever on harnessing the best talent for their business.
- Residential; 7 days on, 3 days off, 7 nights on, 4 days off
- 11.5 hours per shift inclusive of a 30 minute unpaid meal break
The successful applicant will be responsible for the hands on supervision of as well as carrying out mechanical repairs and maintenance to equipment enrolled within the contract.
- Carry out repairs, maintenance and servicing on a range of Caterpillar Equipment
- Identifying and recommending preventative maintenance on equipment
- Completion of in field diagnosis and repairs
- Completing warranty repair work and reports
- Manage work orders including ordering parts as required
- Carrying out Caterpillar product improvement plans and product support program
- Maintaining safe work practices and a safe work environment
- Australian Recognized Heavy Duty Mechanical Trade Qualification with a minimum of 3 – 5 years post trade experience
- At least 12 months experience in a leadership role, or ability to demonstrate strong leadership strengths
- Working at Heights, Dogging and Rigging, Overhead Crane, Forklift and Air Conditioning tickets/licenses.
- Current C Class License (“HR” class preferred)
- Previous use of safety and risk assessment tools, such as Job Safety Analysis and Take 5’s
- Ability to work successfully within a team, autonomously and unsupervised
- Familiarity with service literature
- Excellent fault finding skills
- Ability to organize work teams and delegate tasks
- Sound knowledge of Caterpillar literature and work order systems
- Ability to communicate with people at all levels
- Confined Spaces
- Elevated Work Platform
- Basic Rigging
WesTrac offers competitive remuneration packages and many other benefits which include:
- Salary sacrificing options i.e. airline membership, motor vehicle etc.
- Discounted CAT products
- Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Further education assistance
- Discounted gym membership
- Discounted health insurance
Apply for Leading Hand Plant Mechanic
This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic mining operation that recognizes achievement and offers genuine career opportunities. Submit an application for this position, use the Apply button below. Don’t forget you will need the appropriate mine site qualifications such as Standard 11Click Apply for Leading Hand Plant Mechanic – Kalgoorlie