If you're thinking of applying for this job, make sure your resume is up-to-date and includes at least some of the keywords contained within the advert.Click Here to download our Expert Mining Resume Guide and create the best version of your mining resume.Mackay & Coalfields, Queensland location.
This is a Bowen Basin job located in the Mackay & Coalfields area. Do you live close to this location, or are you willing to FIFO from within Queensland?
You need a Standard 11 Mining Induction to be eligible for this job. If you don't have one and are not sure what this is, click the Standard 11 Mining Induction link further down the page.
See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
CAT Mining Jobs Moranbah QLD
CAT D10 Dozers, CAT D11 Dozers, CAT 16M, CAT 24M, CAT 637
WorkPac are searching to hire CAT Operators for an immediate start on a coal mine near Moranbah, QLD.
- LONG TERM OPPORTUNITIES
- LARGE MINING COMPANY IN THE Bowen Basin RAMP UP
- 6/6 ROSTER (3DAYS/3NIGHTS)
Skills and Experience operating mobile plant equipment, consisting of either:
- Dozer: CAT D10, D11 – MUST HAVE
- Grader: Cat 16M, 24M
- Scrapper: CAT 637
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Carrying out Maintenance of Haul Roads, Exposure to Track Dozer Operations, Dozer Push/Clean-Up
- 6/6 Roster Including PJ Day – (3days/3Nights)
- BIBO Camp to Site
- BIBO Available from Rockhampton and Mackay
- Ongoing role for an Immediate Start
- Minimum 12 months previous mine site experience operating
- MUST Have SSE/Delegate Signed Skills List or Unsigned Skills List
- Drivers Licence
- Coal Board Medical or willing to Obtain
- Current Standard 11 Induction Training or willing to obtain
About the Company:
WorkPac is Australia’s leading, privately owned recruitment provider to the mining, construction, engineering, oil and gas and healthcare sectors. They are proud to partner with some of the country’s leading companies to deliver rewarding career opportunities.
Why work for WorkPac?
Looking after their employees is important to them. Their WorkPlus Employee Benefits program offers benefits across health, private insurance, financial services, travel and more. WorkPac have over 45 offices throughout Australia, this means you have the flexibility to work anywhere in Australia with them. As WorkPac has such a large footprint, they know their local areas and are always helping their local community.
** This job is no longer available, see our most recent mining jobs here.
About the Bowen Basin mining region, Queensland.
The Queensland Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the world’s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queensland’s first Governor, Sir George Bowen.
The Bowen Basin covers a total area of over 60,000 square kilometres and is located in Central Queensland; running from Collinsville to Theodore. The entire region is home to many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.
Here's a list of mining companies with operations in the Bowen Basin.
- Peabody Energy Australia Pty Ltd
- New Hope Corporation Limited
- QCoal Pty Ltd
- Hail Creek Holdings Pty Ltd
- Mt Rawdon Operations Pty Ltd
- Glencore Coal Queensland Pty Limited
- Fitzroy Queensland Resources Limited
- Conquest Mining Limited
- Ravenswood Gold Pty Ltd
- BHP Coal Pty Ltd/li>
- Baralaba Coal Company Pty Ltd
- Anglo American Metallurgical Coal Pty Ltd
- Santos Limited (JV with Santos Limited, Petronas Total and Kogas)
- TEC Coal Pty Ltd
- TerraCom Australia
- Coronado Curragh Pty Ltd
- Yarrabee Coal Company Pty Ltd
For a more detailed view of the above list, here's the link to Queensland State Development mines list