If you're thinking of applying for this job, make sure your resume is up-to-date and includes at least some of the keywords contained within the advert.Click Here to download our Expert Mining Resume Guide and create the best version of your mining resume.You need a Standard 11 Mining Induction to be eligible for this job. If you don't have one and are not sure what this is, click the Standard 11 Mining Induction link further down the page.
This job asks for motivated people. How do you motivate yourself?
Only applicants with real skills should apply. When sending in your application for the job, be sure to highlight the skills you have which are relevant.
Safety is a high priority in this industry. This job requires you to have a heightened sense of awareness and also appreciate the importance of safety in the workplace.
See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Underground Coal Mining – Longwall Fitters
One Key Resources are proud to announce there partnership with Rio Tinto Kestrel Mine in providing skilled labour and professional services across the mines operation. Building on both organizations strengths and success Rio Tinto has chosen to strategically partner with One Key Resources to offer the Emerald & Capella community; local employment opportunities and continuity through long term work.
Kestrel Mine seeks to be more than just a major source of local employment and economic growth, rather to work in partnership with the local community to help provide positive and sustainable outcomes for the Emerald region. Overall our objective is to develop strong values based teams who live out the ideals of safety, teamwork, respect, integrity and excellence.
Due to increased operational demands, they are currently recruiting an experienced Longwall Fitters for immediate start. This opportunity will see the successful candidate complete maintenance tasks on CAT Longwall Equipment while working a 5/4/5/5 roster within a production crew.
This role is a great opportunity for an enthusiastic and highly motivated individual seeking new challenges. To be successful in these positions you require a strong safety culture, high level of skill in Underground Coal Mining and be an active member of the Emerald and Capella community.
Role Responsibilities include:
- Fault finding, diagnose & repairing and/ or replacing components as required
- Accurately complete all required daily activity and safety reporting
- Maintain plant and equipment, ensuring compliance with regulations and site requirements
In return, these positions offer
- Immediate Start – Short Term Contract
- $70.00 Per Hour + Super on all hours worked
- 12 hour shifts – Bus to and from site
- Lifestyle Roster – 5/4/5/5
- Meals and Accommodation supplied for project duration
- Laundry Service
- Local onsite point of contact
The Successful candidates will have
- Demonstrated experience as a Longwall Fitter completing maintenance tasks on
- CAT Automated Longwall Equipment, Outbye Conveyor System and Diesel maintenance
- Trade Qualifications
- Australian Recognized Trade Certificate – Mechanical Fitter / Diesel Fitter
- Post Trade Explosion Protected Diesel Engine Systems (DES)
- Post Trade Hydraulics – Desired
- Verified Underground Coal competencies
- Current QLD Underground Coal Board Medical
- Current Underground Standard 11 Induction Training Statement of Attainment
- Proof of Australian working entitlement (e.g. Birth Certificate, Passport or Citizenship Certificate)
- Demonstrate a strong safety culture
- Ability to work as a part of a cohesive team
- Ability to pass a Pre-Employment Medical
If you fit the above requirements then look no further and apply online now! They look forward to speaking with you about the above opportunity.
All applications are treated in the strictest of confidence and your details will not be forwarded to the company without gaining your prior consent. Make yourself stand out from everyone and create your resume with keywords contain.
Apply now for Longwall Fitters job position
This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic mining operation that recognizes achievement and offers genuine career opportunities. Don’t forget you will need the appropriate mine site qualifications such as Standard 11 Induction TrainingApply for CAT Longwall Fitters Underground Coal Mining Emerald QLD