iMINCO Mining Jobs - sign up for 2020 mining jobs
CAT/Komatsu Truck Jobs Middlemount
Komatsu 830E or CAT 789, 793, 797 Dump Trucks
About the Role:
- Competitive Salary + Super on all Rostered Hours
- BIBO Camp to Site
- 7/7 Roster including PJ Day in the middle
About the Role:
As an experience operator, you will have a minimum 2 years mining experience in Open Cut Coal Operations operating: Komatsu 830E or CAT 789, 793, 797 Dump Truck. You will be working a 7/7 roster including PJ Day in the middle. Camp and meals are provided with BIBO service from camp to site daily.
Pre-Requisites for the Role Include:
- An absolute commitment to working safely, complying with all site safety standards and ensuring a safe and environmentally healthy workplace is essential. It is imperative that you possess the ability and aptitude to maintain high standards of safety, equipment serviceability, housekeeping and compliance with mine working procedures
- Commitment to fitness for duty
- Equipment Skills: Komatsu 830E or CAT 789, 793, 797 Dump Truck
- SSE/Delegate Signed skills lists or Unsigned Supported by RII
- Current Standard 11 Induction Training (or willing to obtain)
- Driver’s Licence
- Current Coal Board Medical (or willing to obtain)
- A medical including drug and alcohol testing is required as part of the recruitment process
- Minimum 2 years mining experience in Open Cut Coal Operations
- Dumps & Tip Heads experience
- Ability and willingness to work Day and Night Shifts
About the Company:
WorkPac is Australia’s leading, privately owned recruitment provider to the mining, construction, engineering, oil and gas and healthcare sectors. They are proud to partner with some of the country’s leading companies to deliver rewarding career opportunities.
Why work for WorkPac?
Looking after their employees is important to them. Their WorkPlus Employee Benefits program offers benefits across health, private insurance, financial services, travel and more. WorkPac have over 45 offices throughout Australia, this means you have the flexibility to work anywhere in Australia with them. As WorkPac has such a large footprint, they know their local areas and are always helping their local community.
Caterpillar Haul truck 793
The 793F has a load cpacityof 226.8 ton (US) and a top speed of 60 kilometres an hour. It's a turbocharged air-to-air aftercooled diesel engine that has enhanced power management capability for maximum hauling performance. The C175-16 is a 16-cylinder, four-stroke design that uses long, effective power strokes for optimum efficiency.
The 793F, is an autonomous-driven truck. Over 100 793F trucks are now operating via Command for hauling, the Cat autonomous truck operations system, which is a part of Cat MineStar™
Read more about the CAT 793 automomous mining dump truck on our website.
Komatsu 830E Haul Truck
The Komatsu 830E is an ultra class dump truck used in Australian open pit mining operations an is designed and built in Peoria, Illinois by Komatsu America Corporation (parent company is the Japanese held company Komatsu Ltd.
The Komatsu 830E is a beast, with 231,000 kilogram capacity (255 short tons). Although this is a big truck, the 830E's load capacity is about 66% the capacity of the Liebherr T 282C and Caterpillar 797B.This is an electric truck and is being featured in many new mining operations as well established mines in WA and QLD.
The electric drive system is very different fromt the transmission/differential drive of traditional trucks. The diesel engine is connected to a GE traction alternator with high voltage cables transfering electricity to the two wheel motors at the rear of the truck.
Read more about the KOMATSU 830E mining dump truck on the Komatsu website
Resources and Infrastructure Industry (RII)
Commonly refered to as Black Coal Competency (BCC), the RII competency is one that can be attained by an operator who has previously worked in the industry and has completed a number of operating hours on various types of machinery.
RII competency is granted to prove correct and safe operation of mine site machinery. It is a very useful qualification to have, as it confirms the operator has the required experience and expertise.
You can transfer your nationally recognised civil Excavator, Front End Loader or Dozer tickets only to RII Black Coal Competencies.