Caterpillar 793D Haul Truck Overview
The Caterpillar 793D is a big machine, one of the biggest you’ll find on a mine site. These trucks are huge and are used all across the world in above ground, open cut mining. They carry a huge amount of earth, coal, rock, approximately 218.0 tonnes – so operating a CAT 793D takes a lot of experience.
These trucks are all left hand drive, so in Australia for instance, it not only takes some getting used to driving one (which is like driving a small apartment block down the road), operators here must get used to maneuvering on the opposite side of the vehicle. With a top speed of just under 55kmph, these trucks don’t like anything to be in their way.
CAT 793D specs
- Engine Model - Cat 3516B HD EUI
- Gross Power – SAE J1995 1801.0 kW
- 6-speed, Automatic Power Shift
- Body-up Shift Inhibitor
- Controlled Throttle Shifting
- Directional Shift Management
- Electronic Control and Downshift Inhibitor
- Lock-up Torque Converter
- Neutral Coast Inhibitor
- Neutral Start Switch, Reverse Shift Inhibitor
- Programmable Top Gear
- Reverse Neutralizer during Dumping
Weights – Approximate
- Gross Machine Operating Weight (GMW) 383749.0 kg
- Chassis Weight 116707.0 kg
- Body Weight Range 21 795 – 54 431 kg / 48,050 – 120,000 lb
- Nominal Payload Capacity 218.0 tonnes
- Top Speed – Loaded 54.3 km/h
Benefits and Features:
Power Train – Engine
- The Cat 3516B High Displacement engine is built for power, reliability and efficiency for superior performance in the toughest applications
Cooling and Onboard Management Systems
- The new modular higher density cooling system with larger fans is hydraulically driven for more efficient cooling with lower fuel consumption and noise levels
- Optional oil renewal system extends engine oil change intervals from 500 hours to 4,000 hours or more to increase machine availability and reduces costs.
- Computerized system electronically protects the engine during cold starts, high altitude operation, air filter plugging, and high exhaust temperature.
- Five configurations are performance matched to meet specific applications and conditions.
Truck Body Systems
- Cat designed and built for rugged performance and reliability in the toughest mining applications
- Less time spent on maintenance means more time on the haul roads in some of the world’s biggest mines.
For more information about Cat Mining Trucks 793D click here!!