See more jobs in the CAT Dump Truck Jobs category.
CAT 785 Dump Truck Jobs Perth
Western Australia Caterpillar Dump Truck Operators
Thiess have CAT 785 dump truck operator jobs available FIFO from Perth WA. If you possess the listed qualifications be sure to send over a resume ASAP!
- Rocky’s Reward open cut mining operations, Leinster WA
- 14/7 FIFO roster (Day and Night shift) exit Perth
Some of your duties will include:
- Operating machinery efficiently, safely, and competently to ensure maximum output
- Complying with Thiess’s policies and procedures
- Responding to instructions from Mining Supervisor
- Effectively positioning machinery to allow for efficient loading
- Setting and maintain high housekeeping standards
- Carrying out pre-start checks
- At least 12 months’ mining experience as a mining production dump truck operator
- Equivalent to, or specific experience operating Caterpillar 785 (C/D) dump trucks is essential
- Experience operating Caterpillar 793 dump trucks preferred
- Sound knowledge of hard rock mining operations
- HR Driver’s Licence desirable; a current C Class Driver’s Licence is essential
About the benefits:
- The option to salary-sacrifice flights into Perth from within Australia
- Accommodation is provided in the Leinster Village and township. With recent investment in the town and the mine site, there are great facilities available to make you feel comfortable
- Leinster has a swimming pool, fitness centre, squash, basketball and tennis courts, a grassed oval, an indoor sporting stadium and a 6 hole golf course
- There is also a medical centre, plus an IGA supermarket which also has access to an ATM facility
- There is no ‘Wet Mess’ as this function is provided at the Tavern which also offers meals and a bottle shop
- Leinster is only a 1 hour and 10 minute flight from Perth with a short drive from camp to site, meaning you spend less time travelling to and from work
- Full time direct employment, a competitive salary and the opportunity to be a part of the world’s largest Mining Services Provider: Thiess Mining & Metals
They partner with our clients to deliver excellence in open cut and underground mining in Australia, Asia, Africa and the Americas. For more than 80 years, they’ve operated in diverse commodities, geologies, environments and cultures. Our team uses that insight to optimise solutions for each project and create lasting value for our clients and the communities they live and work in.
Dump Truck Operator Salaries
How much can a dump truck production operator earn in the mines?
Depending on where you live, or which state the mine is located in, as you can see from the information below, the salaries are very different. In Queensland and New South Wales, mining wages are pretty much the same for Dump Truck Operators. Working at a Western Australian mine you can expect to earn about 20% more than if you worked in QLD or NSW.
Dump truck operator jobs are advertised on SEEK and other mining jobs boards regularly.
According to online jobs website Indeed (au.indeed.com), the average salary for a Dump Truck Production Operator in Australia is $41.98 per hour. Salary estimates are based on 326 salaries submitted anonymously to Indeed by Dump Truck Drivers. The data was collected from past and present job ads on Indeed over the last 36 months.
Payscale.com Dump Truck Driver Pay Estimates
Looking at the salary of an entry-level Dump Truck Driver with less than 1 year experience, you can expect to earn an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of AU$33.75 based on 24 salaries. You can see how this differs from the Indeed overview of $41.98.<.p>
A recently new Dump Truck Operator with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total pay of AU$30.65 based on 73 salaries. A mid-experienced Dump Truck Driver with 5-9 years of proven operational work, can earn about AU$27.73 based on 34 salaries. An experienced Dump Truck Driver with 10-19+ years of experience earns an average total compensation of AU$25.72 based on 14 salaries.
With so many different and conflicting reports, it's difficult to know what the pay is for a Dump Truck Operator.
Blackwater, Queensland Dump Truck Salaries +40%
According to Payscale.com, Dump Truck Operators in the Queensland Bowen Basin are of Blackwater, earn an average of 39.7% more than the national average. Dump Truck Operators also get higher than average wages in Western Australia (26.6% more) and Kalgoorlie (17.0% more). The lowest salaries can be found in Melbourne, Victoria (19.6% less), Brisbane, Queensland (16.2% less) and Sydney, New South Wales (14.3% less).
SEEK mining job salaries for dump truck production operators
What are dump truck operator employers looking for?
The following list is a collection of requirements you'll find in most advertised dump truckk operator jobs
- Experience operating CAT trucks
- A willingness to work rotating rosters
- Ability to contribute and work positively in a team environment
- Able to pass a pre-employment medical including drug and alcohol test
- Competitive Hourly Rate plus super on all hours worked
- Current Drivers Licence
- Current Standard 11 or willing to obtain a Standard 11
- Have a strong commitment to safety and Zero Harm and ensure this is a
- priority and at the forefront of all your decision-making
- Have a strong work history
- High level of safety awareness
- Relevant current RII Competencies
- Relevant RII/ SSE sign offs/ Competencies
- Right to work in Australia - Birth Certificate or Australian Passport
- Sound Work History
- Be reliable and a team player
Caterpillar Haul truck 793
The 793F has a load cpacityof 226.8 ton (US) and a top speed of 60 kilometres an hour. It's a turbocharged air-to-air aftercooled diesel engine that has enhanced power management capability for maximum hauling performance. The C175-16 is a 16-cylinder, four-stroke design that uses long, effective power strokes for optimum efficiency.
The 793F, is an autonomous-driven truck. Over 100 793F trucks are now operating via Command for hauling, the Cat autonomous truck operations system, which is a part of Cat MineStar™
Read more about the CAT 793 automomous mining dump truck on our website.
Caterpillar Haul truck 789
The Caterpillar 789 dump truck is typically used in open pit mining. The 789 has a capacity of 177 tonnes, and its engine can produce 1770 horsepower.
There are hundreds of CAT 789 dump trucks on various mine sites in Australia; working hard in open-cut coal mines as well as hauling raw iron ore dirt across the open, dusty mine sites of Western Australia.
Read more about the CAT 789 mining dump truck on our website.