If you're thinking of applying for this job, make sure your resume is up-to-date and includes at least some of the keywords contained within the advert.Click Here to download our Expert Mining Resume Guide and create the best version of your mining resume.This is a Bowen Basin job located in the Mackay & Coalfields area. Do you live close to this location, or are you willing to FIFO from within Queensland?
You need a Standard 11 Mining Induction to be eligible for this job. If you don't have one and are not sure what this is, click the Standard 11 Mining Induction link further down the page.
See more jobs in the Latest Mining Jobs in Australia category.
Bowen Basin Supervisor Jobs QLD
Ausdrill are searching for supervisors to start work ASAP in the Bowen Basin region. If you hold your S1, S2, S3 qualifications be sure to send over a resume!
About this supervisor mining job:
Ausdrill is entering an exciting new phase of growth with a further expansion of our exploration operations in the Bowen Basin region of Queensland. To support these long-term drilling programs Ausdrill is searching for experienced exploration Supervisors to support these programs. Successful applicants for these positions will join existing experienced drill crews.
Working as part of a small team, key duties and responsibilities include;
- Efficiently complete drilling programs to client requirements
- The majority of the drilling programs comprise chipping, conventional core drilling and diamond drilling,
- Equipment servicing and maintenance,
- Drill equipment and consumables management,
- Operation of drill rig and support equipment,
- Working productively and safely.
- On offer to successful applicants is the opportunity to join an industry leading organisation, ongoing development to national competency standards and work alongside dedicated industry professionals.
To meet the challenges candidates for this Bowen Basin Supervisor Job must:
- Have previous coal drilling experience (preferred)
- Current Coal Board Medical
- Current Coal Surface Generic Induction / Standard 11 Induction Training
- RII30915 Certificate III in Drilling Operations
- Certificate IV / Diploma in Drilling Operations (desirable)
- Water well licence (desirable)
- Gas Test Atmospheres Cert (MSMWHS217)
- Heavy Rigid Drivers License
- S1, S2, S3 requirements
- Successfully pass a drug & alcohol screen as well as a full physical functional fitness assessment to the company’s standards
- Be physically fit and prepared to undertake manual duties;
- Please note that this position is very labour intensive and requires working outdoors in remote areas in sometimes extreme weather conditions.
Positions will be offered on a rostered 1 weeks on 1 weeks off FIFO basis from Brisbane.
About the Bowen Basin mining region, Queensland.
The Queensland Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the world’s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queensland’s first Governor, Sir George Bowen.
The Bowen Basin covers a total area of over 60,000 square kilometres and is located in Central Queensland; running from Collinsville to Theodore. The entire region is home to many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.
Here's a list of mining companies with operations in the Bowen Basin.
- Peabody Energy Australia Pty Ltd
- New Hope Corporation Limited
- QCoal Pty Ltd
- Hail Creek Holdings Pty Ltd
- Mt Rawdon Operations Pty Ltd
- Glencore Coal Queensland Pty Limited
- Fitzroy Queensland Resources Limited
- Conquest Mining Limited
- Ravenswood Gold Pty Ltd
- BHP Coal Pty Ltd/li>
- Baralaba Coal Company Pty Ltd
- Anglo American Metallurgical Coal Pty Ltd
- Santos Limited (JV with Santos Limited, Petronas Total and Kogas)
- TEC Coal Pty Ltd
- TerraCom Australia
- Coronado Curragh Pty Ltd
- Yarrabee Coal Company Pty Ltd
For a more detailed view of the above list, here's the link to Queensland State Development mines list
Resources and Infrastructure Industry (RII)
Commonly refered to as Black Coal Competency (BCC), the RII competency is one that can be attained by an operator who has previously worked in the industry and has completed a number of operating hours on various types of machinery.
RII competency is granted to prove correct and safe operation of mine site machinery. It is a very useful qualification to have, as it confirms the operator has the required experience and expertise.
You can transfer your nationally recognised civil Excavator, Front End Loader or Dozer tickets only to RII Black Coal Competencies.