Safety is a high priority in this industry. This job requires you to have a heightened sense of awareness and also appreciate the importance of safety in the workplace.
See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Servicing, Maintenance and Welding (SMW) has been a proud Central Queensland provider of field servicing, maintenance and emergency repair and rebuild services for over 10 years within the resource industries.
The successful candidate must have a positive and enthusiastic attitude with a minimum 1 years post-trade experience, be able to work safely with minimal supervision and demonstrate quality †workmanship which meets or exceeds customers and business requirements. The role will be a permanent full time role.
Successful applicants will have:
- Trade Qualification as a Boilermaker
- Ability to read and interpret workshop drawings
- The ability to work in a team environment, with high attention to detail
- A strong commitment to workplace safety
The following will be highly regarded:
- HR license
- High Risk Work License (eg Forklift, Elevated Work Platform, Non Slew Crane)
- Experience in welding and fabrication for heavy earth moving machinery including drag line buckets, dump truck bodies and excavation and shovel buckets
Give yourself every opportunity to get this job. If you are applying, don’t send in your normal resume and cover letter. Make sure your resume is edited to show requirements for this job, or your application could be automatically rejected.
If you are interested, please click”APPLY” button belowClick for more details and Apply for Boilermakers (Workshop) Job
Dump Truck Operator Salaries
How much do dump truck production operators earn in the mines?
Depending on where you live, or which state the mine is located in, as you can see from the information below, the salaries are very different. In Queensland and New South Wales, mining wages are pretty much the same for Dump Truck Operators. Working at a Western Australian mine you can expect to earn about 20% more than if you worked in QLD or NSW.
Dump truck operator jobs are advertised on SEEK and other mining jobs boards regularly.
According to online jobs website Indeed (au.indeed.com), the average salary for a Dump Truck Production Operator in Australia is $41.98 per hour. Salary estimates are based on 326 salaries submitted anonymously to Indeed by Dump Truck Drivers. The data was collected from past and present job ads on Indeed over the last 36 months.
Payscale.com Dump Truck Driver Pay Estimates
Looking at the salary of an entry-level Dump Truck Driver with less than 1 year experience, you can expect to earn an average hourly wage (includes bonus, and overtime pay) of AU$42 based on 24 pay reviews.
With so many different and conflicting articles about salaries, it's difficult to know what the exact take home pay is for a Dump Truck Operator.
Blackwater, Queensland Dump Truck Salaries +40%
According to Payscale.com, Dump Truck Operators in the Queensland Bowen Basin area of Blackwater, earn an average of 39.7% more than the national average. Dump Truck Operators also get more money in Western Australia (26.6% more) and Kalgoorlie (17.0% more). The lowest salaries can be found in Melbourne, Victoria (19.6% less), Brisbane, Queensland (16.2% less) and Sydney, New South Wales (14.3% less).
SEEK mining job salaries for dump truck production operators
What are dump truck operator employers looking for?
The following list is a collection of requirements you'll find in most advertised dump truckk operator jobs
- Experience operating CAT trucks
- A willingness to work rotating rosters
- Ability to contribute and work positively in a team environment
- Able to pass a pre-employment medical including drug and alcohol test
- Competitive Hourly Rate plus super on all hours worked
- Current Drivers Licence
- Current Standard 11 or willing to obtain a Standard 11
- Have a strong commitment to safety and Zero Harm and ensure this is a
- priority and at the forefront of all your decision-making
- Have a strong work history
- High level of safety awareness
- Relevant current RII Competencies
- Relevant RII/ SSE sign offs/ Competencies
- Right to work in Australia - Birth Certificate or Australian Passport
- Sound Work History
- Be reliable and a team player