See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Boilermakers Draglines/Shovels Work Bowen Basin
Boilermakers Draglines Shovels shutdown maintenance Bowen Basin
- Various site locations and opportunities – DIDO
- Dragline, Shovel and Wash plant Maintenance
- Immediate Start
G&S Engineering Services delivers professional asset management services to the industry by providing responsive teams with targeted skills to address the maintenance, construction and engineering needs of our clients in the resources, energy and infrastructure industries.
G&S prides itself in providing a service which enhances the value and performance of there client’s assets. There success is achieved only through the ability, determination and passion of the people.
What they are searching for:
G&S are seeking Boilermakers with experience working on Draglines/Shovels or Wash plants for shutdowns or maintenance day work, to join their dedicated teams within the Bowen Basin region.
The successful applicants will have a minimum of 2 years’ experience working in the coal industry on Washplants or Draglines. You will have a genuine commitment to safety and there goal of Zero Harm; be highly motivated and have the capacity to work in a team environment.
As the ideal candidate you will have:
- Relevant Trade Qualification
- Standard 11 Induction Training or BMA Core Induction
- Coal Board Medical
- Working at Heights Certificate
- Confined Space Certificate
In return, G&S Engineering will offer:
- Weekly pays
- Competitive hourly pay rates
- Meals and Accommodation supplied while on roster
- Opportunities for ongoing works at multiple mining sites in the Bowen Basin
If you have the required skill set along with a great work ethic, they would like to hear from you.
Please submit your resume in a MS Word format by clicking on the Apply button below. All applications are treated in the strictest of confidence and your details will not be forwarded to the company without gaining your prior consent. Make yourself stand out from everyone and create your resume with keywords contained in this ad.
How to APPLY
To apply for this position, click the apply button and attach an up to date resume.
G&S Engineering Services is an Equal Employment Opportunity Organization that supports diverse workforce.
Apply for Boilermakers Draglines/Shovels shutdown maintenance Bowen Basin
About the Bowen Basin
The Queensland Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the world’s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queensland’s first Governor, Sir George Bowen.
The Bowen Basin covers an area of over 60,000 square kilometres in Central Queensland running from Collinsville to Theodore and is dotted with many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.
Here's a list of mining companies with operations in the Bowen Basin.
- Peabody Energy Australia Pty Ltd
- New Hope Corporation Limited
- QCoal Pty Ltd
- Hail Creek Holdings Pty Ltd
- Mt Rawdon Operations Pty Ltd
- Glencore Coal Queensland Pty Limited
- Fitzroy Queensland Resources Limited
- Conquest Mining Limited
- Ravenswood Gold Pty Ltd
- BHP Coal Pty Ltd/li>
- Baralaba Coal Company Pty Ltd
- Anglo American Metallurgical Coal Pty Ltd
- Santos Limited (JV with Santos Limited, Petronas Total and Kogas)
- TEC Coal Pty Ltd
- TerraCom Australia
- Coronado Curragh Pty Ltd
- Yarrabee Coal Company Pty Ltd
For a more detailed view of the above list, here's the link to Queensland State Development mines list