See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Boilermaker Jobs Rockhampton/Bowen Basin
Wisely are recruiting experienced Boilermakers for positions to join their shutdown teams in the Bowen Basin region.
They have a shutdown commencing on the 1 July 2019 and going through until the 31 October 2019. 4 days on 2 days off rotating roster. The pay rates for this shut will be $56.78 DS FR, $60.78 NS FR, $82.20 WE FR.
To be considered for these positions you MUST have the following:
- Relevant Trade Qualification
- Experience in Prep Plants
- Commitment to Safety with a proactive approach to your work
- Reliability and commitment
You will be offered an attractive remuneration package including
- Fantastic Hourly Rates
- Meals & Accommodation Supplied for Site Shutdowns only
- Current Coal Board Medical
- BMA Induction / Standard 11 Induction Training
- Trade Certificate/ Qualification
- Birth Certificate or Passport
- Drivers Licence
- Confined Space
- Working at Heights
- Resume outlining all skills stating 2 x referees (must be Supervisors/ Managers)
Who are Wisely?
Wisely Group has a strong commitment to diversity within their workforce. As an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer, applicants from all backgrounds including indigenous cultures and women, are welcomed and encouraged to apply.
Wisely is a dynamic Australian business providing end to end asset management solutions and professional support to a vast range of industries including mining & resources, aviation, rail, defense, ports & infrastructure.
Whilst their head office is in Mackay and they conduct many projects in the surrounding regions – for instance, in October they won the three-year BHP Mitsubishi Alliance (BMA) contract for maintenance works at the Blackwater coal project in Queensland’s Bowen Basin – they do support work across Australia and internationally with projects based in WA, NSW & SA.
They are proud that their business employs many people local to their region and they focus on a safe work environment. They also give back to the community via sponsorships and community engagement.
** This job is no longer available, see our most recent mining jobs here.
About the Bowen Basin
The Queensland Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the world’s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queensland’s first Governor, Sir George Bowen.
The Bowen Basin covers an area of over 60,000 square kilometres in Central Queensland running from Collinsville to Theodore and is dotted with many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.
Here's a list of mining companies with operations in the Bowen Basin.
- Peabody Energy Australia Pty Ltd
- New Hope Corporation Limited
- QCoal Pty Ltd
- Hail Creek Holdings Pty Ltd
- Mt Rawdon Operations Pty Ltd
- Glencore Coal Queensland Pty Limited
- Fitzroy Queensland Resources Limited
- Conquest Mining Limited
- Ravenswood Gold Pty Ltd
- BHP Coal Pty Ltd/li>
- Baralaba Coal Company Pty Ltd
- Anglo American Metallurgical Coal Pty Ltd
- Santos Limited (JV with Santos Limited, Petronas Total and Kogas)
- TEC Coal Pty Ltd
- TerraCom Australia
- Coronado Curragh Pty Ltd
- Yarrabee Coal Company Pty Ltd
For a more detailed view of the above list, here's the link to Queensland State Development mines list