Blast Crew Metallurgical Coal Miner Job
- Experienced DK90 Drill Operator Wanted x3
- Camp Accommodation and Meals Provided
- Immediate Start Lifestyle Roster
- Competitive Hourly Rate + Superannuation & Temp Worker Recognition Bonus Payment
- BIBO Mackay and DIDO commute options available
Client is Australia’s largest coal miner and exporter, the world’s largest supplier to the sea borne coking coal market and largest coal producer and supplier of metallurgical coal. The client has several mine sites across the Bowen Basin consisting primarily of open cut mines.
The client is committed to building a diverse workforce, appreciating all the different aspects of individual uniqueness, including thought and perspective, experience, age, disability, nationality, ethnicity, sexual orientation and gender. The safety of their people and the communities in which they operate always comes first.
The client provides opportunities for interaction to improve their safety performance and believe having the right controls in place to effectively manage their risks that have safety impacts will lead to improved safety outcomes.
The Successful Candidate:
- Will have at least two years experience operating a drill at an Open Cut Coal Mine
- DK90 Drill Experience (or similar)
- Holds a current QLD Coal Board Medical ...*Coal Board Medical* Is legally allowed to work in Australia
- Blast hole Drilling experience – Site evidence will be required for a successful application
- Current Standard 11 *Standard 11 Training* (or willing to obtain)
- Current Coal Board Medical ...*Coal Board Medical* (Or willing to Obtain)
- Drivers License
- Previous Blast Hole/Open Cut Drilling – Skills: DK45, OR DK90 Rigs, Pitviper, Sandvik and / or other Blast Hole rigs will be considered
- Please note that this is NOT an entry level role. Only experienced Drillers need apply
Your new role
Starting immediately, this role will see you performing supervisory duties to the drill and blast department, if passed out could also be used to operate Loader, De-waterer, heavy vehicle and loading shots and performing day to day shot firer/blast crew duties or operating the drill rigs.
WorkPac is Australia’s leading, privately owned recruitment provider to the mining, construction, engineering, oil and gas and healthcare sectors. They are proud to partner with some of the country’s leading companies to deliver rewarding career opportunities.
At WorkPac, they recognize we are strengthened by diversity. They are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. They are an Equal Opportunity employer and encourage applications from women and Indigenous people.
Would you like to apply?
All applications are treated in the strictest of confidence and your details will not be forwarded to the company without gaining your prior consent. Make yourself stand out from everyone and create your resume with keywords contain.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic mining operation that recognizes achievement and offers genuine career opportunities. Don’t forget you will need the appropriate mine site qualifications such as Standard 11 *Standard 11 Training*Apply for Blast Crew Metallurgical Coal Miner – Bowen Basin Mining QLD