See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Blast Crew Level 2
The largest blasting services providers in the Australian mining industry. It provides innovative blasting solutions to over 20 projects across Australia, with a fleet of over 50 Mobile Processing Units, four state-of-the-art emulsion-manufacturing facilities and a 300-strong workforce. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Downer Mining, it has the backing and scale of a leading mining services company, but the personal touch of a smaller one.
Currently seeking applications from experienced Field Technicians for our Blackwater. Reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor, your primary function will be to perform repairs and maintenance on mobile and fixed plant in accordance with standard working procedures and manufacturer’s specifications in a safe manner.
You would be responsible for participating in the continual improvement of equipment and development of your own technical skill base. Through your application of technical ability and skill you will perform maintenance tasks as per scheduled works, complete work system documentation, responding to field breakdown queries, and assisting stores with parts identification and sourcing.
This is a residential role on a lifestyle roster(note this is not a camp-based or a fly in, fly out position).
- Trade certificate or equivalent technical qualifications (Electrical/Mechanical)
- Experience in automotive, process and/or mobile equipment maintenance is desirable, as is experience maintaining auto electrical control systems
- You will have initiative and a flexible approach to work coupled with strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- An unwavering commitment to the highest safety, community and environmental standards
- Our Zero Harm initiative: A genuine commitment to the health and safety of all on the DBS Team
- A residential role on an attractive family friendly roster
- A diverse and supportive work environment where individuals are encouraged to show initiative
- The opportunity to develop new skills in a range of technical areas
- A fantastic field based opportunity where you can work independently
NOTE: When you apply for this job, take a look at your current resume and cover letter. Always match the first page of your resume to details of the job. Search the job ad for keywords and add them into your resume because if you don’t, your application may be scanned and rejected before it even gets read by a human.
Give yourself every opportunity to get this job. If you are applying, don’t send in your normal resume and cover letter. Make sure your resume is edited to show requirements for this job, or your application could be automatically rejected.