Around 1300 WA mining jobs could be created as mining and engineering contractor Forge Group wins a $1.47 billion Roy Hill mine contract.
Have you prepared yourself well enough? Read on and we can share some tips on getting that FIFO mining job at Roy Hill.
This week’s announcement of the $1.47 billion contract being awarded for EPC works at the Gina Rinehart’s $10 billion Roy Hill iron ore mine in the Pilbara to both Forge Group and Duro Felguera has hit the headlines hard. It’s not surprising with Forge announcing they will need 1300 people at the peak of the project, meaning WA mining jobs will be flooding job boards in the near future.
Fast Facts for people wanting Roy Hill jobs
- Samsung C&T awarded the contract which will entail the engineering, procurement, and construction work of the processing facility at the Pilbara mine – therefore WA mining jobs across all of these sectors will be advertised.
- Forge has stated that the value of contract for their company alone is around $830 million and its forward order book will increase to $2.1 billion.
- WA mining jobs will be needed for the construction of the 55 million tonne per annum iron ore processing plant.
- They types of jobs at Roy Hill up for grabs will include earthworks, steelworks, mechanical equipment, foundations, plate-work, piping, electrical equipment, instrumentation and controls, cabling, conveyors and infrastructure with in-roads.
- Even though full works are waiting until future funding has been released, construction of the min site will commence as early as December 2013 with a view for completion by September 2015.
- The Roy Hill EPC contract is Forge Groups largest single contract to date and is a milestone development for the company, further solidifying its growing reputation as a leading EPC contractor, with the capacity to undertake mining projects of world-class scale.
- Samsung C & T (the South Korean giant) was awarded the enormous Roy Hill construction, engineering, procurement contract worth a cool $US5.8 billion – which offers and insight into the money being injected, with a continuous flow of WA mining jobs expected.
- Roy Hill is heating up with a furnace of mining heavyweights all amalgamating with billions of dollars to ensure production meets schedule for the third quarter of 2015.
- Qantas was selected by Gina Rinehart’s Roy Hill Holdings Group to provide chartered flights to the projects completed private air strip – where 3 return flights per week commenced in August – so FIFO workers can be hired with ease to fill the demand of WA mining jobs expected.
At the peak of the Forge Groups project alone, around 1300 people will be employed. Thousands of Australian mining jobs being offered right now in Roy Hill provides solid evidence of the ongoing strength of the Australian resources sector.
Significant million dollar contracts awarded this week to provide more WA Mining Jobs
Other major contracts awarded by Samsung C&T in the past week include:-
- A $20 million dollar contract to NRW Holdings for the Roy Hill’s rail earthworks.
- A $23 million heavy haul main line rail contract (330km long) to the Calibre Group.
With million dollar contracts being awarded to the colossal Roy Hill project, those with relevant mining or civil construction experience looking for WA mining jobs, should stay heavily involved with news and movements of all of these companies mentioned very closely. Watch their websites, sign up for newsletters, check out their careers and employment pages and research daily! Find out more the latest action at Roy Hill here.
Working in Australian mining jobs especially in WA mining jobs, means you need to attain different certification and qualifications (compared to Queensland and NSW for instance) that have to be completed before you will even be allowed on a mine site. Here are some of the necessary Australian mining qualifications we suggest you complete before applying for any of the mining jobs advertised at Roy Hill.
Course like the mining induction safety course fully prepare you for a start in the resource industry. This particular course, is a good introduction to safety awareness and procedural policy and procedures in the resource sector. A qualification like the Standard 11 mining induction and any related course that has the RII unit of competency attached to it will give you a sharp competitive edge over others.
Western Australia also has its own equivalent of the S11, the Work Health and Safety Induction, referred to as MARCSTA.
MARCSTA stands for the Mining and Resource Contractors Safety Training Association, which is a non-profit organisation. For more information, call Industry Pathways on 0403 560 594.
Other courses you can do to increase your opportunities for WA mining jobs include:-
- Enter and Work in Confined Spaces A good course that will be looked on as very favourable across all mine sites.
- Work Safely at Heights Another essential course that mining recruiters want you to have because it shows you have the right attitude towards safety.
- Operate and maintain a light vehicle (4WD) – again it highlights to your potential employee your safety focused attitude.
So if you`re targeting Australian mining jobs or WA mining jobs with the Roy Hill project, your definitely on track for a solid career path. Our best tip is to get your a professional resume writer to look at your resume now. (For a limited time you can have your resume appraised for no cost)
Have you completed the right training? Not sure what types of training courses you need to do to increase your chances of landing Australian mining jobs? We suggest you call experts Industry Pathways on 0403 560 594 for more information.
Resource and Mining Sector Jobs Guide 2013 e-book
If you are looking to get into the WA mining industry and the resource industry starting at entry level job roles, you`ll get a lot of information from the Resource Sector Jobs Guide 2013 e-book. If you want to know where the jobs are, which mining companies to contact, how to write your resume to get it noticed by WA mining and recruitment companies ““ then this e-book is for you.
Reference: 1300 WA Mining Jobs with $1.47B Roy Hill JV