On Bench Supervisor – Blair Athol
Orica is the world’s largest provider of commercial explosives and innovative blasting systems to the mining, quarrying, oil and gas and construction markets, a leading supplier of sodium cyanide for gold extraction, and a specialist provider of ground support services in mining and tunnelling.
Orica has a diverse workforce of around 11,500 employees and contractors, servicing customers across more than 100 countries.The purpose is to make our customers successful, every day, all around the world. They take pride in operating safely, responsibly and sustainable. Together, these enable to grow and create enduring value for shareholders.
About the role
Currently seeking expressions of interest for the role of On Bench Supervisor at one of the site operations near Clermont in the Bowen Basin, QLD. Working on a Monday to Friday roster, the successful candidate will primarily be responsible for operating all associated plant, including an MMU (Mobile Manufacturing Unit) and equipment to ensure a safe and efficient service to our customer.
The On Bench Supervisor will also be responsible for incident investigation, budgeting, managing CFC’s, assisting with demand forecasting and maintaining security and safety management plans.
The successful candidate will be the sole Orica employee on site but will work closely with and form strong working relationships with the client blast crew and associated stakeholders. These values from Orica’s charter underpin everything do as an organisation and are key to continued success.
What you will be doing
- Operating an Orica MMU vehicle efficiently and safely
- Ensure the safety and protection of other employees, customers, the public and the environment
- Manufacture bulk products and deliver the operational services to the volume, service type and quality specified by marketing to satisfy client expectations
- Ensure that product and services meet agreed levels of quality
- Ensure stock controls of bulk materials are conducted, checked and monitored daily
- Daily SAP entry and communication with the customer and Territory Manager
- Monitor plant performance and take corrective action where there may be a shortfall
What you bring
- 3+ years experience in operating an Orica MMU
- Valid HR driving license with exposure to operating an Orica MMU or similar explosive delivery vehicle
- An ability to work autonomously, or as part of a team
- A fantastic safety record and commitment
- Strong communication and customer service skills
- Intermediate computer skills including Outlook, Word, Excell and SAP
What we offer
- The opportunities, facilities and environment associated with working in an international organisation;
- Career paths that are totally flexible allowing you to specialise or become a generalist;
- A diverse workplace where your unique abilities and talents will be recognised and encouraged;
- Training programs, opportunities and initiatives to ensure your continued growth;
- Competitive salary packages.
NOTE: Did you know that your resume could automatically go into the bin if you don’t format it correctly. Recruiters these days use software to scan your resume for keywords they place in the job ad. This software tried to match up the words in the ad to the words in your resume. If there’s a mismatch – chances are your application will be ignored.