This is a Bowen Basin job located in the Mackay & Coalfields area. Do you live close to this location, or are you willing to FIFO from within Queensland?
Safety is a high priority in this industry. This job requires you to have a heightened sense of awareness and also appreciate the importance of safety in the workplace.
See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Beginner Mining Jobs Mackay
All you need is a trade certificate, and a willingness to learn.
- Work in their Mackay Workshop
- You don’t need experience on the Underground equipment they’re working on, they will train you!
- Long-term opportunity – Immediate start!
- Be home every night
- Build your career for the long-haul
- Competitive pay-rates
In return they will offer:
- Weekly pays
- Competitive hourly pay rates
- Strong client relationships and established footprint in the local industry
- Equal Opportunity Employment
About the Company:
G&S Engineering delivers professional asset management services to the industry by providing responsive teams with targeted skills to address the maintenance, construction and engineering needs of their clients in the resources, energy and infrastructure industries. Their success is achieved through the ability, determination and passion of their people.
They have a sustainable competitive advantage by being the best team in the industry for safety, communications and quality of performance.
About the Bowen Basin
The Queensland Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the world’s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queensland’s first Governor, Sir George Bowen.
The Bowen Basin covers an area of over 60,000 square kilometres in Central Queensland running from Collinsville to Theodore and is dotted with many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.
Here's a list of mining companies with operations in the Bowen Basin.
- Peabody Energy Australia Pty Ltd
- New Hope Corporation Limited
- QCoal Pty Ltd
- Hail Creek Holdings Pty Ltd
- Mt Rawdon Operations Pty Ltd
- Glencore Coal Queensland Pty Limited
- Fitzroy Queensland Resources Limited
- Conquest Mining Limited
- Ravenswood Gold Pty Ltd
- BHP Coal Pty Ltd/li>
- Baralaba Coal Company Pty Ltd
- Anglo American Metallurgical Coal Pty Ltd
- Santos Limited (JV with Santos Limited, Petronas Total and Kogas)
- TEC Coal Pty Ltd
- TerraCom Australia
- Coronado Curragh Pty Ltd
- Yarrabee Coal Company Pty Ltd
For a more detailed view of the above list, here's the link to Queensland State Development mines list