Bauxite Mining Site Services and Support Manager
As someone with a proven track record in remote camp management you are seeking a new position. You are looking for a role that offers the challenge and variety that you would expect in a start-up and something that includes the range of responsibilities first of which is remote logistics, but including accommodation and catering, maintenance and project management. This is a key position in the Owner’s Team.
As part of a compact and very capable Owner’s Team you will be providing services and support to the operations team on Cape York. Managing the logistics with barge and air to site and overseeing the accommodation and catering for a workforce of approximately 90 personnel you need to get it right. Your work will have a direct effect on a range of strategies including retention and fatigue management.
Metro Mining is developing the Bauxite Hills project on the Skardon River on Cape York. The bauxite mine will go operational in April.
Your role will include:
- The Site Services Manager will oversee supply and logistics to site including the receipt of stores to warehousing (using an RFID system)
- Reporting to the General Manager, the Site Services & Support Manager will be responsible for the management and co-ordination of the catering and rooms contractor of the 90 person mine accommodation village
- Develop a yearly budget (including capital) for his/her area of responsibility.
- Ensure all Services personnel and contractors under your control work in accordance to relevant laws, regulations, company policies, standards and procedures.
- Ensure his/her department works to the highest of standards with a focus on hygiene and ensure all hazards and risks are identified and corrective and preventative actions are continually put in place to ensure a safe and efficient working environment.
- Coordinate the department’s resources – people, equipment, spares/consumables, utilities and facilities into a proper maintenance and planning system so as to achieve the department’s cost management objectives as set out in the yearly budget.
- Participate in new idea generation, proposal preparations, general project planning and scheduling by contributing his/her expertise to ensure a culture of continuous improvement exists within the department.
- Maintain and update the department’s information system including flash reports to provide accurate and timely information on a daily, weekly and monthly basis.
- Tertiary qualification in Asset Management or Logistics.
- Diploma or Certificate IV in Business Admin or relevant experience.
- Demonstrable experience managing logistics to a remote site.
- First aid certificate.
- Minimum 8 years mining experience, preferably in camp management, of which at least 3 years should be in a senior position. (Remote site experience is essential.)
- Thorough knowledge of all phases of mine camp/village operations including maintenance, construction and project management.
- Commitment to diversity.
- Experience on a start-up project.
- Experience with large ERP systems e.g. SAP, Oracle, Elipse or Classic.
Applicants must be Australian Citizens or Permanent Residents.
NOTE: Did you know that your resume could automatically go into the bin if you don’t format it correctly. Recruiters these days use software to scan your resume for keywords they place in the job ad. This software tried to match up the words in the ad to the words in your resume. If there’s a mismatch – chances are your application will be ignored.
How to apply
This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic mining operation that recognizes achievement and offers genuine career opportunities. Submit an application for this position, use the Apply button below. Don’t forget you will need the appropriate mine site qualifications such as Standard 11Apply for Bauxite Mining Site Services and Support Manager Cairns QLD