See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Auto Mechanic Experienced Queensland
NQ Civil Engineering Contractors (NQCEC) is a remote area specialist in the delivery of road construction and maintenance, plant hire and other civil infrastructure projects for state road authorities, regional councils and Tier 1 mining companies.
Based in the fishing hot spot of Weipa in North Queensland, NQCEC continues to have a strong focus on completing infrastructure upgrade projects in remote indigenous communities whilst providing employment and training opportunities for both indigenous and non-indigenous workers.
This position covers all aspects of vehicle and heavy plant repairs, servicing, diagnostics and accessory fitting.
- Repairs and servicing of light vehicles, 4WDs with, trucks and road plant
- Roadworthy assessments and services
- Air-conditioning / Electrical work
- Accessories fit-outs and repairs
- Mechanical plant and or heavy mechanical, preferred
- Qualified Auto-Mechanic
- Auto Electrical and Air-conditioning experience preferred but not essential
- LVT examiners license desirable, Electrical and AC Certificates desirable
- Experienced with 4WD, light vehicles, road plant & heavy diesel repairs
- Current Drivers License – HR or HC
- High customer service focus
- Attention to detail with quality workmanship
- Adhere to strict workplace safety guidelines
- Team player who wants to continually improve
- Monday to Saturday 6pm to 6pm and Sunday 6pm to 12pm
- Supportive and encouraging team environment
- Training and career development opportunities
Pay; $38.30 casual FIFO 3/1 meals and Accommodation. Should this position interest you click apply now !
NOTE: This is a sample of the types of jobs you can do when you have attained pre-hospital health care qualifications. Each job requires different levels of education, experience and qualifications. Wherever possible, link to the courses we offer will be provided as links. We encourage you to continue to do your own research on the online jobs boards such as SEEK, Indeed and Jora.
How to apply
If you wish to apply please apply via the seek apply button! Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic mining operation that recognizes achievement and offers genuine career opportunities. Don’t forget you will need the appropriate mine site qualifications such as Standard 11 Induction TrainingApply for Auto Mechanic Heavy Plant Repairs Mining Weipa Queensland
Komatsu 830E Haul Truck
The Komatsu 830E is an ultra class dump truck used in Australian open pit mining operations an is designed and built in Peoria, Illinois by Komatsu America Corporation (parent company is the Japanese held company Komatsu Ltd.
The Komatsu 830E is a beast, with 231,000 kilogram capacity (255 short tons). Although this is a big truck, the 830E's load capacity is about 66% the capacity of the Liebherr T 282C and Caterpillar 797B.This is an electric truck and is being featured in many new mining operations as well established mines in WA and QLD.
The electric drive system is very different fromt the transmission/differential drive of traditional trucks. The diesel engine is connected to a GE traction alternator with high voltage cables transfering electricity to the two wheel motors at the rear of the truck.
Read more about the KOMATSU 830E mining dump truck on the Komatsu website