See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Auto Electricians Bowen Basin
Auto Electricians to work on an Open Cut Coal Mine at coal mines in the Bowen Basin, Queensland.
One Key Resources are currently recruiting Auto Electricians for an Open Cut Coal Mine in the Bowen Basin, near Moranbah. The client requires skilled and safety minded individuals to commence works in production and support services. The ideal candidates will have experience in completing maintenance tasks on Open Cut Trucks and Ancillary equipment.
What do these positions have to offer?
- Immediate Start – Ongoing Work
- Competitive Rates + Super on all hours worked
- 7/7 Roster
- Meals and Accommodation Provided
The Successful candidates will have:
- Australian Recognized Trade Certificate
- Previous Coal Mine experience.
- Demonstrated experience working on Open Cut Plant and Equipment
- Experience in General Maintenance, Breakdowns and Servicing of Heavy Earth Moving Equipment
- Experience with the maintenance, service and repair of CAT 793 haul trucks a must
- Current Driver’s License
- Proof of Australian Working Rights – Passport and or Birth Certificate
If the above role appeals to you APPLY today!
One Key Resources is committed to workplace diversity and strongly encourages female and indigenous candidates to apply.
Would you like to apply to this job?
One Key Resources, part of the Fircroft Group, is a specialist provider of Managed Workforce and Labour Hire solutions to the Mining, Oil & Gas and Infrastructure Industries. An employer of choice, One Key Resources employs Open Cut and Underground Operators, Tradespeople and Support Staff at close to 100 locations across Australia.
Apply today if you want to work with the latest technology and innovation, in an environment where they challenge you to drive positive change.
Apply for Auto Electricians Open Cut Coal Mine Bowen Basin
About the Bowen Basin
The Queensland Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the world’s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queensland’s first Governor, Sir George Bowen.
The Bowen Basin covers an area of over 60,000 square kilometres in Central Queensland running from Collinsville to Theodore and is dotted with many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.
Here's a list of mining companies with operations in the Bowen Basin.
- Peabody Energy Australia Pty Ltd
- New Hope Corporation Limited
- QCoal Pty Ltd
- Hail Creek Holdings Pty Ltd
- Mt Rawdon Operations Pty Ltd
- Glencore Coal Queensland Pty Limited
- Fitzroy Queensland Resources Limited
- Conquest Mining Limited
- Ravenswood Gold Pty Ltd
- BHP Coal Pty Ltd/li>
- Baralaba Coal Company Pty Ltd
- Anglo American Metallurgical Coal Pty Ltd
- Santos Limited (JV with Santos Limited, Petronas Total and Kogas)
- TEC Coal Pty Ltd
- TerraCom Australia
- Coronado Curragh Pty Ltd
- Yarrabee Coal Company Pty Ltd
For a more detailed view of the above list, here's the link to Queensland State Development mines list
Caterpillar Haul truck 793
The 793F has a load cpacityof 226.8 ton (US) and a top speed of 60 kilometres an hour. It's a turbocharged air-to-air aftercooled diesel engine that has enhanced power management capability for maximum hauling performance. The C175-16 is a 16-cylinder, four-stroke design that uses long, effective power strokes for optimum efficiency.
The 793F, is an autonomous-driven truck. Over 100 793F trucks are now operating via Command for hauling, the Cat autonomous truck operations system, which is a part of Cat MineStar™
Read more about the CAT 793 automomous mining dump truck on our website.