If you're thinking of applying for this job, make sure your resume is up-to-date and includes at least some of the keywords contained within the advert.Click Here to download our Expert Mining Resume Guide and create the best version of your mining resume.Mackay & Coalfields, Queensland location.
This is a Bowen Basin job located in the Mackay & Coalfields area. Do you live close to this location, or are you willing to FIFO from within Queensland?
Safety is a high priority in this industry. This job requires you to have a heightened sense of awareness and also appreciate the importance of safety in the workplace.
See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Auto Electricians – Peak Downs
Thiess is the world’s largest mining services provider. They offer the widest range of in-house surface and underground mining capabilities across Australia, Botswana, Canada, Chile, Indonesia and Mongolia. Life-of-mine insight, tailored approach and commitment to excellence keep at the leading edge…optimizing the mining value chain for each client.
They continue to drive innovation, through long-term relationships, so clients are best positioned in a competitive global market. The people are central to success and are empowered to contribute their skills, knowledge and experience to continually exceed industry benchmarks. There culture is built on Principles of Integrity, Accountability, Innovation and Delivery, underpinned by a commitment to safety in everything they do.
As next Auto Electrician reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor you will work collaboratively towards delivering high-quality solutions and results.
- Perform the servicing, repair and maintenance of mobile mining equipment in accordance with Thiess servicing and maintenance procedures
- Complete general maintenance, breakdowns, services and component change outs to a high regard
- Source technical information from the relevant available reference manuals, technical bulletins, OEM and computer based systems
- Ensure good housekeeping standards are maintained at all times
- Conduct required inspection to maximize equipment utilization
- Electrical trade qualification
- HR driver’s license preferable
- Post-trade experience working in the mining and heavy earth moving industry, or hydraulic excavator industry
Roster & Conditions
- 7 on 7 off rotating shift roster.
- 12.5 hour day & night shift.
- Permanent position.
- A bus will be provided from Mackay to site.
- No flights are/No FIFO provided for this position.
If you feel you have the required skills and are searching to join a professional team, please apply online now with an up to date CV.
All applications are treated in the strictest of confidence and your details will not be forwarded to the company without gaining your prior consent. Make yourself stand out from everyone and create your resume with keywords contain.
How to Apply
In reward for your commitment you will receive a competitive remuneration, career advancement opportunities and you will have the benefit of working with like-minded professionals.
Thiess is an international organization with a diverse workforce enriched by an inclusive work environment, accessible to all. They leverage the diversity of workforce to continually innovate and deliver world class projects for their clients. Thiess encourages applications from people who contribute to diverse workforce and align with cultural values.Apply for Auto Electricians Maintenance Peak Downs Mining Bowen Basin
About the Bowen Basin mining region, Queensland.
The Queensland Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the world’s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queensland’s first Governor, Sir George Bowen.
The Bowen Basin covers a total area of over 60,000 square kilometres and is located in Central Queensland; running from Collinsville to Theodore. The entire region is home to many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.
Here's a list of mining companies with operations in the Bowen Basin.
- Peabody Energy Australia Pty Ltd
- New Hope Corporation Limited
- QCoal Pty Ltd
- Hail Creek Holdings Pty Ltd
- Mt Rawdon Operations Pty Ltd
- Glencore Coal Queensland Pty Limited
- Fitzroy Queensland Resources Limited
- Conquest Mining Limited
- Ravenswood Gold Pty Ltd
- BHP Coal Pty Ltd/li>
- Baralaba Coal Company Pty Ltd
- Anglo American Metallurgical Coal Pty Ltd
- Santos Limited (JV with Santos Limited, Petronas Total and Kogas)
- TEC Coal Pty Ltd
- TerraCom Australia
- Coronado Curragh Pty Ltd
- Yarrabee Coal Company Pty Ltd
For a more detailed view of the above list, here's the link to Queensland State Development mines list