If you're thinking of applying for this job, make sure your resume is up-to-date and includes at least some of the keywords contained within the advert.Click Here to download our Expert Mining Resume Guide and create the best version of your mining resume.
See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Auto Electrician Murrin FIFO 2/1
Auto Electrician Murrin FIFO Kalgoorlie WA
WesTrac is an equipment solutions company and one of the world’s leading Caterpillar Dealerships. Operating in NSW, ACT and WA, they supply equipment solutions to thousands of customers across the mining, construction, transport, forestry, agriculture and power generation sectors. At WesTrac there primary focus is the people.
They know that there success is the result of more than 3,000 talented people working together to achieve amazing outcomes. Now, as they look to the future and goal of becoming the first choice in equipment solutions, they are more focused than ever on harnessing the best talent for their business.
- Reporting to: Contract Supervisor
- 7 day shifts on, 7 nights on, 7 days off, fly in fly out from Perth
- Murrin Murrin: 12.5 hours per shift inclusive of a 30 minute unpaid meal break
- Carry out repairs, maintenance and servicing on a range of Caterpillar and Expanded Mining Product Equipment
- Identifying and recommending preventative maintenance on equipment
- Completion of in field diagnosis and repairs
- Completing warranty repair work and reports
- Manage work orders including ordering parts as required
- Carrying out Caterpillar product improvement plans and product support program
- Maintaining safe work practices and a safe work environment
- Trade Qualified Auto Electrician with a minimum of 2 years post trade experience
- Previous Caterpillar experience
- Have sound customer relations
- Able to work competently unsupervised
- Requires excellent fault finding skills
- Valid C class license
- Working at heights
- Dogging and Rigging
- High Risk License for Forklift
Experience on the following will be highly regarded:
- 785C, 992G,777D
- 16H, 844 , D10R
- 950H, 773E
Auto Electrician Murrin FIFO Kalgoorlie WA
WesTrac offers competitive remuneration packages and many other benefits which include:
- Salary sacrificing options i.e. airline membership, motor vehicle etc.
- Discounted CAT products
- Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Further education assistance
- Discounted gym membership
- Discounted health insurance
NOTE: When you apply for this job Auto Electrician, take a look at your current resume and cover letter. Always match the first page of your resume to details of the job. Search the job ad for keywords and add them into your resume because if you don’t, your application may be scanned and rejected before it even gets read by a human.
Did you know that your resume could automatically go into the bin if you don’t format it correctly. Recruiters these days use software to scan your resume for keywords they place in the job ad. This software tried to match up the words in the ad to the words in your resume. If there’s a mismatch – chances are your application will be ignored.
Would you like to Apply?
If you feel you meet the above requirements, are keen to take on a new and exciting opportunity, and work for an employer that is committed to supporting your career then APPLY NOW.Click Apply for Auto Electrician Murrin FIFO Kalgoorlie WA
Caterpillar Haul truck 777
The Caterpillar 777 is a 100-ton haul truck, typically used in open pit mining, manufactured by Caterpillar Inc. The first model of Caterpillar 777 was introduced in 1974. Its diesel engine is capable of putting out 870 horsepower. The 777D, introduced in 1996, was powered by a 938-horsepower diesel.
This truck is one of the entry-level haul trucks most new operators will learn on. Once competent, they will move up to the larger 785, especially when working on a coal mining site.
Caterpillar Haul truck 785
The Caterpillar 785 Haul Truck, Dump Truck or off-road truck as they are called in the U.S. are still used across the world in open-cut mining operations. This huge truck has proven it’s worth for many years and has often been the entry-level truck for new operators.
Progressing when competent, operators move up to the larger CAT 793 and CAT 797 truck, giving them the confidence and ability to handle larger load capacities on a range of challenging mine sites.
One of the biggest advantages you can get if you are looking to learn how to drive these big machines is to get to know the finer details.