If you're thinking of applying for this job, make sure your resume is up-to-date and includes at least some of the keywords contained within the advert.Click Here to download our Expert Mining Resume Guide and create the best version of your mining resume.Mackay & Coalfields, Queensland location.
This is a Bowen Basin job located in the Mackay & Coalfields area. Do you live close to this location, or are you willing to FIFO from within Queensland?
You need a Standard 11 Mining Induction to be eligible for this job. If you don't have one and are not sure what this is, click the Standard 11 Mining Induction link further down the page.
Safety is a high priority in this industry. This job requires you to have a heightened sense of awareness and also appreciate the importance of safety in the workplace.
See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Experienced Auto Electricians Jobs
Stellar is partnered with a leading specialist mining company that have a number of contracts across the Queensland Bowen Basin. They are currently seeking Experienced Auto Electricians for a permanent position at a key project near Dysart.
- Permanent Positions | 7/7 Rosters
- Strong Mining Salaries
- Dysart Location
About the Role:
Within this role you will be required to have a competent understanding of mobile plant maintenance and a proven ability with fault finding and diagnostics – earthmoving machinery. This position will require you to have developed interpersonal skills coupled with a track record in previous mining related maintenance roles.
This position provides the opportunity to work for a large mining organization and enjoy earning a strong mining salary and career prospects.
- Electrical repairs and maintenance of all mobile equipment.
- Assembling earthmoving equipment (electrical wiring)
- Work as a team player to help diagnose equipment faults
- Meet all safety requirements & regulations
- Maintain high levels of equipment availability
- Promote an enjoyable, safe and productive work environment
Skills & Experience:
- Auto Electrical Trade
- Experience on heavy earthmoving equipment – CAT, Komatsu, Liebherr and Hitachi
- Air Conditioning Ticket – Essential
- Current Coal Board Medical
- Current Standard 11 Induction Training or BMA Induction
- Beneficial tickets – WAH, Forklift, Dogging, EWP, Crane etc.
- Permanent role
- Salary sacrificed flights on offer
- 6 weeks annual leave and sick leave
- Camp and meals Supplied
- Buses supplied from Mackay and Rockhampton
- 7/7 roster, rotating days and nights
If you feel you have the required skills and are searching to join a professional team, please apply online now with an up to date CV.
All applications are treated in the strictest of confidence and your details will not be forwarded to the company without gaining your prior consent. Make yourself stand out from everyone and create your resume with keywords contain.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic mining operation that recognizes achievement and offers genuine career opportunities. Don’t forget you will need the appropriate mine site qualifications such as Standard 11 Induction TrainingApply for Experienced Auto Electrician Heavy Mobile Plant Maintenance Bowen Basin
About the Bowen Basin mining region, Queensland.
The Queensland Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the world’s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queensland’s first Governor, Sir George Bowen.
The Bowen Basin covers a total area of over 60,000 square kilometres and is located in Central Queensland; running from Collinsville to Theodore. The entire region is home to many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.
Here's a list of mining companies with operations in the Bowen Basin.
- Peabody Energy Australia Pty Ltd
- New Hope Corporation Limited
- QCoal Pty Ltd
- Hail Creek Holdings Pty Ltd
- Mt Rawdon Operations Pty Ltd
- Glencore Coal Queensland Pty Limited
- Fitzroy Queensland Resources Limited
- Conquest Mining Limited
- Ravenswood Gold Pty Ltd
- BHP Coal Pty Ltd/li>
- Baralaba Coal Company Pty Ltd
- Anglo American Metallurgical Coal Pty Ltd
- Santos Limited (JV with Santos Limited, Petronas Total and Kogas)
- TEC Coal Pty Ltd
- TerraCom Australia
- Coronado Curragh Pty Ltd
- Yarrabee Coal Company Pty Ltd
For a more detailed view of the above list, here's the link to Queensland State Development mines list