You need a Standard 11 Mining Induction to be eligible for this job. If you don't have one and are not sure what this is, click the Standard 11 Mining Induction link further down the page.
Safety is a high priority in this industry. This job requires you to have a heightened sense of awareness and also appreciate the importance of safety in the workplace.
See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Experienced Auto Electrician Mining Job
- Large Top Tier Mining Contractor
- 7/7 Roster | Well Established Mine | Blackwater Region
- $60/hr + Temp to Perm (3 months)
The client is a global leader within surface mining, boasting large scale projects throughout Queensland’s Bowen Basin. With a fully operational fleet, there is an urgent requirement for 2 x experienced auto electricians to join one of their long term projects near Blackwater.
About the Role:
Within this role you will be required to have a competent understanding of mobile plant maintenance and a proven ability with fault finding and diagnostics – CAT and Liebherr earthmoving machinery.
This position will require you to have developed interpersonal skills coupled with a track record in previous mining related maintenance roles.
- In field servicing and breakdown repairs
- Preventative maintenance and defect repairs
- Electrical diagnostics on large mining equipment
- Electrical installations and testing
- General workshop duties and housekeeping
- Adhere to all site safety protocols and SOP’s
- Promote an enjoyable, safe and productive work environment
Skills & Experience:
- Trade qualified Auto Electrician
- Standard 11 Induction Training – statement of attainment
- Previous experience working on mobile plant equipment e.g. CAT haul trucks, dozers, graders.
- Liebherr excavator maintenance experience
- Ability to diagnose, troubleshoot and repair heavy earth-moving machinery
- Must have post trade experience
- Tickets – WAH, Forklift, EWP, Crane and Rigging.
- 7/7 roster, with camp supplied in Blackwater
- 3 months Temp to Perm
- $60/hr + super on all hours worked
Click APPLY or contact Patrice Kelly for a confidential discussion.
How to Apply:
If you feel you meet the above requirements, are keen to take on a new and exciting opportunity, and work for an employer that is committed to supporting your career then APPLY NOW.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic mining operation that recognizes achievement and offers genuine career opportunities. Don’t forget you will need the appropriate mine site qualifications such as Standard 11 Induction TrainingApply for Auto Electrician Heavy Mobile Mining Blackwater Mine QLD
About the Bowen Basin
The Queensland Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the world’s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queensland’s first Governor, Sir George Bowen.
The Bowen Basin covers an area of over 60,000 square kilometres in Central Queensland running from Collinsville to Theodore and is dotted with many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.
Here's a list of mining companies with operations in the Bowen Basin.
- Peabody Energy Australia Pty Ltd
- New Hope Corporation Limited
- QCoal Pty Ltd
- Hail Creek Holdings Pty Ltd
- Mt Rawdon Operations Pty Ltd
- Glencore Coal Queensland Pty Limited
- Fitzroy Queensland Resources Limited
- Conquest Mining Limited
- Ravenswood Gold Pty Ltd
- BHP Coal Pty Ltd/li>
- Baralaba Coal Company Pty Ltd
- Anglo American Metallurgical Coal Pty Ltd
- Santos Limited (JV with Santos Limited, Petronas Total and Kogas)
- TEC Coal Pty Ltd
- TerraCom Australia
- Coronado Curragh Pty Ltd
- Yarrabee Coal Company Pty Ltd
For a more detailed view of the above list, here's the link to Queensland State Development mines list