If you're thinking of applying for this job, make sure your resume is up-to-date and includes at least some of the keywords contained within the advert.Click Here to download our Expert Mining Resume Guide and create the best version of your mining resume.
You need a Standard 11 Mining Induction to be eligible for this job. If you don't have one and are not sure what this is, click the Standard 11 Mining Induction link further down the page.
Safety is a high priority in this industry. This job requires you to have a heightened sense of awareness and also appreciate the importance of safety in the workplace.
See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Auto Electrician Electrical Maintenance – Permanent Position
Auto Electrician – Permanent Position
They are currently seeking an experienced Auto Electrician within the Hunter Valley area. This position is working directly for a company and not a labour hire company.
Working as directed on there clients mine site you will be following a 4 panel roster (Days & Nights). These are DIDO positions (drive in, drive out).
Key responsibilities for this role include electrical maintenance and repair of the mobile plant fleet including but not limited to Dump Trucks, Excavators, Dozers and Graders.
You will be required to identify and resolve auto electrical and air-conditioning faults in heavy vehicles and plant machinery with completion of relevant site paperwork.
To be considered for this opportunity you must have the following:
- Demonstrated commitment to safety
- Experience in maintenance and repair of mobile plant equipment in a mining environment
- Able to work autonomously and within a team environment
- Strong auto electrical and air-conditioning diagnostic and repair skills
- Self – starter
- Good communication skills, written and verbal
- Electrical contractor license
- Certificate of Proficiency in your trade
Highly desired but not essential criteria:
- Yancoal and or Glencore induction
- Working safely at heights qualification (dated within 3 years)
- Elevated work platform (dated within 5 years)
- Confined space (dated within 3 years)If you possess the necessary attributes and are seeking a challenging role in a growing organization with a passion for being an Employer of Choice, please apply NOW
You must be willing and able to complete a pre-employment Order 41 compliant medical including drug & alcohol testing with on-going testing once on-board.
They are an Equal Employment Opportunity Organization. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for an immediate interview
Would you like to apply for this job?
If you feel you meet the above requirements, are keen to take on a new and exciting opportunity, and work for an employer that is committed to supporting your career then APPLY NOW.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic mining operation that recognizes achievement and offers genuine career opportunities. Don’t forget you will need the appropriate mine site qualifications such as Standard 11 Induction TrainingApply for Auto Electrician Electrical Maintenance Permanent Position Newcastle
Dump Truck Operator Salaries
How much do dump truck production operators earn in the mines?
Depending on where you live, or which state the mine is located in, as you can see from the information below, the salaries are very different. In Queensland and New South Wales, mining wages are pretty much the same for Dump Truck Operators. Working at a Western Australian mine you can expect to earn about 20% more than if you worked in QLD or NSW.
Dump truck operator jobs are advertised on SEEK and other mining jobs boards regularly.
According to online jobs website Indeed (au.indeed.com), the average salary for a Dump Truck Production Operator in Australia is $41.98 per hour. Salary estimates are based on 326 salaries submitted anonymously to Indeed by Dump Truck Drivers. The data was collected from past and present job ads on Indeed over the last 36 months.
Payscale.com Dump Truck Driver Pay Estimates
Looking at the salary of an entry-level Dump Truck Driver with less than 1 year experience, you can expect to earn an average hourly wage (includes bonus, and overtime pay) of AU$42 based on 24 pay reviews.
With so many different and conflicting articles about salaries, it's difficult to know what the exact take home pay is for a Dump Truck Operator.
Blackwater, Queensland Dump Truck Salaries +40%
According to Payscale.com, Dump Truck Operators in the Queensland Bowen Basin area of Blackwater, earn an average of 39.7% more than the national average. Dump Truck Operators also get more money in Western Australia (26.6% more) and Kalgoorlie (17.0% more). The lowest salaries can be found in Melbourne, Victoria (19.6% less), Brisbane, Queensland (16.2% less) and Sydney, New South Wales (14.3% less).
SEEK mining job salaries for dump truck production operators
What are dump truck operator employers looking for?
The following list is a collection of requirements you'll find in most advertised dump truckk operator jobs
- Experience operating CAT trucks
- A willingness to work rotating rosters
- Ability to contribute and work positively in a team environment
- Able to pass a pre-employment medical including drug and alcohol test
- Competitive Hourly Rate plus super on all hours worked
- Current Drivers Licence
- Current Standard 11 or willing to obtain a Standard 11
- Have a strong commitment to safety and Zero Harm and ensure this is a
- priority and at the forefront of all your decision-making
- Have a strong work history
- High level of safety awareness
- Relevant current RII Competencies
- Relevant RII/ SSE sign offs/ Competencies
- Right to work in Australia - Birth Certificate or Australian Passport
- Sound Work History
- Be reliable and a team player