Auto Electrician – QLD Site based
- 7/7 Roster – even time roster
- Experience in heavy Catapillar equipment
- Relevant Trade Certificate required
The BTP Group is a subsidiary of Ausdrill Ltd, and is one of Australia’s leading suppliers of machinery parts and equipment to the mining and earthmoving industries, nationwide.
Applicants will need to have previous mine site based experience working on predominantly heavy CAT mine site equipment.
Roles are 7 on 7 off roster working days and nights.
To be considered applicants will ideally live within 2hrs drive of Mackay as this is a Drive In, Drive Out role.
Experience / Qualifications required:
- Auto Electrician Trade Certificate (Certificate of Completion / Certificate of Proficiency)
- Ideally have Auto Electrical Cert III plus statement of attainment
- ideally 3-5yrs post apprenticeship onsite experience of working on CAT, Hitachi or Komatsu mine site equipment
- Experience in electrical and hydraulic fault finding preferred
- HR License preferred but not essential
- Experience of working with Excel, ET and SIS
- Fork Lift license an advantage
Areas of Responsibility:
- Carry out maintenance, fault finding and diagnostics and repairs as per instructed
- Read and understand electrical schematics
- To conduct quality repairs and maintenance on site in a timely and safe manner
- Liaise with site personal in relation to repairs
- Understand the safety awareness and safe work practices
- Daily reports
To be considered please ensure you attach the following details:
- Up to date CV
- Trade Certificate / Certificate of Completion
- Cert III + Statement of attainment (Units completed)
- Drivers License
- Any other relevant certificates or licenses
Successful applicants will be required to carry out and pass fit for work medicals, drugs and alcohol test, complete company and client induction requirements.
Recruitment agencies need not contact with potential candidates.
Please submit your resume in a MS Word format by clicking on the Apply button below. All applications are treated in the strictest of confidence and your details will not be forwarded to the company without gaining your prior consent. Make yourself stand out from everyone and create your resume with keywords contained in this ad.
How to Apply
If you are interested in these positions then APPLY NOW and look forward to joining a dynamic organization.Click Apply for Auto Electrician 7/7 Roster Mine site QLD
Learn more about the Bowen Basin mining location.
The Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the world’s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queensland’s first Governor, Sir George Bowen.
The Bowen Basin covers an area of over 60,000 square kilometres in Central Queensland running from Collinsville to Theodore and is dotted with many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.
Caterpillar Haul truck 793
The 793F has a load cpacityof 226.8 ton (US) and a top speed of 60 kilometres an hour. It's a turbocharged air-to-air aftercooled diesel engine that has enhanced power management capability for maximum hauling performance. The C175-16 is a 16-cylinder, four-stroke design that uses long, effective power strokes for optimum efficiency.
The 793F, is an autonomous-driven truck. Over 100 793F trucks are now operating via Command for hauling, the Cat autonomous truck operations system, which is a part of Cat MineStar™
Read more about the CAT 793 automomous mining dump truck on our website.
Resources and Infrastructure Industry (RII)
Commonly refered to as Black Coal Competency (BCC), the RII competency is one that can be attained by an operator who has previously worked in the industry and has completed a number of operating hours on various types of machinery.
RII competency is granted to prove correct and safe operation of mine site machinery. It is a very useful qualification to have, as it confirms the operator has the required experience and expertise.
You can transfer your nationally recognised civil Excavator, Front End Loader or Dozer tickets only to RII Black Coal Competencies.