Electrical, Fitter & Boilermaker South32 TEMCO
Globally diversified mining and metals company with operations in Australia, South Africa and South America. Headquartered in Perth, Western Australia, securities for South32 trade on three exchanges, the Australian Securities exchange (ASX), Johannesburg Stock Exchange (JSE) and London Stock Exchange (LSE).
There purpose is to make a difference by developing natural resources, improving people’s lives now and for generations to come.
The people are central to success and demonstrate their determination to be a best-in-class operator. They aspire to be an inclusive organisation, where the workforce reflects the broader demographic of the countries and communities where they operated.
TEMCO is Australia’s only ferro-alloy producer, operating four arc furnaces and a Sinter Plant to produce high-carbon ferromanganese, silicomanganese and sinter.
We currently have opportunities available for highly motivated individuals wanting to undertake an Apprenticeship commencing in February 2018.
South32 TEMCO is proud to offer a limited number of quality apprenticeships – Electrical, Fitter and Boilermaker.
South32 TEMCO offers a unique opportunity to learn new skills with an employer of choice in Bell Bay, Tasmania, where you can get paid whilst you learn and gain exposure to a wide variety of equipment and the latest technologies.
About the Roles
To be considered for these roles you must have completed Year 10 as part of your Secondary Education coupled with a Pre-Apprenticeship Qualification (as a minimum), or you must have completed Year 11 or 12.
To be successful you must demonstrate the following:
- A high level of initiative;
- Passionate to complete an Apprenticeship;
- Ability to attend to study commitments whilst working;
- Safety conscious;
- Team player and driven to succeed;
- Sound time management skills; and
- Ability to take direction and constructive feedback.
As part of your application, you will be required to submit the following information:
- Copies of your results from Year 10 to Year 12 (half year results required only for current Year 11 or 12 students)
- A resume including the details of any work experience undertaken
- Details of any Pre-Apprenticeship course progress (if applicable)
- Details of at least two (2) referees
- A Cover Letter outlining your suitability for an Apprenticeship
As part of the recruitment process, you must be available:
- 18th – 22nd September 2017 – For Online Testing
- 30th October 2017 – For Site Interviews, Group Assessments and a Site Tour
- 13th – 17th November 2017 – For a Pre-Employment Medical Assessment
All communication will be via the email address that you provide in your application so please ensure you check your emails regularly.
As part of the recruitment process for this position, you will be required to undergo a pre-employment medical and participate in a background screening.
TEMCO is located at Bell Bay, 50km north of Launceston and 4km from George Town, on the beautiful Tamar River in Tasmania. Tasmania offers a unique lifestyle choice with short commute times, easy access to a wide range of leisure activities, affordable housing, well-regarded schools, a vibrant cultural and sporting scene and welcoming communities.
Applicants for the Apprenticeships should ideally live locally to Bell Bay in the areas of Georgetown, Launceston and surrounds.
What they offer
Offered as a full time 4-year fixed term opportunity, you will benefit from a rewarding career path in a company that embraces diversity and collaboration.
If you are looking for a genuine career opportunity, please submit your application via the SEEK “APPLY” button.
Click Apply for Electrical, Fitter & Boilermaker Position