All Trades Required – Mining Shutdown
- 4-6 week shovel relocation shutdown at Leigh Creek Mine in South Australia
- Flights, Accommodation, and consumables supplied
- Starting date of 23rd of October
They are looking for several mine site experienced Electricians, Boilermakers, Fitters, and Riggers/Operators to commence on a mining shutdown for a globally leading and recognized mining company. This is a great opportunity based at the Leigh Creek Mining area in South Australia. This shutdown is scheduled to commence on the 23rd of October and will run for approximately 2 months.
The skills to be successful in this role
- Trade Qualification – Electrician, Boilermaker or Fitter
- Electricians must have South Australian electrical license (essential)
- Experienced Riggers/Operators with knowledge of 250T crawlers (essential)
- Previous experience working on a mine site
- Have a current Coal Board Medical (essential)
- Correct PPE and personal basic tools
- Accommodation supplied and paid – single room ensuites
- Flights supplied and paid – from Brisbane, Mackay or Rockhampton
- Induction supplied and paid
- Transport to / from Adelaide Airport will be provided – either a shuttle pick up or a vehicle hire car offered
- 4-6 week shutdown project
- 6/1 roster (10 hour shifts on weekdays – 8 hour shifts on Saturday)
- Electrician pay rate – $55
- Boilermaker/Fitter pay rate – $50
- Rigger/Operator pay rate $47.50
Please be aware that the roster is 6 days on and 1 day off. Flights organised by the client will only be paid for flying in for the start date and then flying out after the shutdown has finished. Accommodation is booked from start date to finish date.
This is a great opportunity with a highly sought after mining company that has several mining projects in the pipeline. If you have the above requirements and are available for a 2 month mining shutdown, please apply now!
Please Note: This job for All Trades Mining Shutdown will possibly receive a lot of applicants. Make yourself stand out from everyone and create your resume with keywords contained in this ad.
How to Apply
If you believe you would be well suited to the position please APPLY NOW by link below
Click Apply for All Trades Mining Shutdown South Australia
Learn more about the Bowen Basin mining location.
The Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the world’s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queensland’s first Governor, Sir George Bowen.
The Bowen Basin covers an area of over 60,000 square kilometres in Central Queensland running from Collinsville to Theodore and is dotted with many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.
Caterpillar Haul truck 793
The 793F has a load cpacityof 226.8 ton (US) and a top speed of 60 kilometres an hour. It's a turbocharged air-to-air aftercooled diesel engine that has enhanced power management capability for maximum hauling performance. The C175-16 is a 16-cylinder, four-stroke design that uses long, effective power strokes for optimum efficiency.
The 793F, is an autonomous-driven truck. Over 100 793F trucks are now operating via Command for hauling, the Cat autonomous truck operations system, which is a part of Cat MineStar™
Read more about the CAT 793 automomous mining dump truck on our website.
Resources and Infrastructure Industry (RII)
Commonly refered to as Black Coal Competency (BCC), the RII competency is one that can be attained by an operator who has previously worked in the industry and has completed a number of operating hours on various types of machinery.
RII competency is granted to prove correct and safe operation of mine site machinery. It is a very useful qualification to have, as it confirms the operator has the required experience and expertise.
You can transfer your nationally recognised civil Excavator, Front End Loader or Dozer tickets only to RII Black Coal Competencies.