If you're thinking of applying for this job, make sure your resume is up-to-date and includes at least some of the keywords contained within the advert.Click Here to download our Expert Mining Resume Guide and create the best version of your mining resume.Mackay & Coalfields, Queensland location.
This is a Bowen Basin job located in the Mackay & Coalfields area. Do you live close to this location, or are you willing to FIFO from within Queensland?
You need a Standard 11 Mining Induction to be eligible for this job. If you don't have one and are not sure what this is, click the Standard 11 Mining Induction link further down the page.
Safety is a high priority in this industry. This job requires you to have a heightened sense of awareness and also appreciate the importance of safety in the workplace.
See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Administration Officer Mining Jobs Mackay
Immediate Start, 12 Month Duration, Monday to Friday Roster.
WorkPac have an opportunity for experienced Mine Site Administration Officers based within the Bowen Basin for an Immediate Start. This position will be for 12 months in duration, Monday to Friday roster with a competitive hourly rate available.
Duties will Include:
- Document control, creating purchase orders, processing accounts payable, creation of accurate end of month reports and processing monthly client invoice
- Compiling and formatting project reports, data entry and distribution of daily production reports to client;
- Mobilisation and demobilisation of employees and contractors to site;
- Assistance with maintaining the staff roster
- Accurate data entry and processing of weekly payroll, fuel data;
- Maintain employee files including personal, workers compensation and training records;
- Assorted data entry for contractor management, training, safety and workshop;
- Other ad-hoc administrative duties as required
The ideal applicant will have:
- Minimum 3 years experience within a similar role
- Coal Board Medical -Section 4
- Current Standard 11 Induction Training
- Proficient with MS Office Suite, JDE or similar ERP Experience Desirable
- Driver’s License and Own Transport
- Must be either an Australian Citizen or a holder of an Australian permanent residency visa to be eligible to apply for this position
About the Company:
WorkPac is Australia’s leading, privately owned recruitment provider to the mining, construction, engineering, oil and gas and healthcare sectors. They are proud to partner with some of the country’s leading companies to deliver rewarding career opportunities. Register or apply with us for ongoing access to a wide range of temporary and permanent jobs for all skill levels.
Why work for WorkPac?
Looking after our employees is important to us. Our WorkPlus Employee Benefits program offers benefits across health, private insurance, financial services, travel and more.
WorkPac have over 45 offices throughout Australia, this means you have the flexibility to work anywhere in Australia with us. As WorkPac has such a large footprint, they know our local areas and are always helping our local community.
At WorkPac, they recognise they are strengthened by diversity. They are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect
** This job is no longer available, see our most recent mining jobs here.
About the Bowen Basin mining region, Queensland.
The Queensland Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the world’s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queensland’s first Governor, Sir George Bowen.
The Bowen Basin covers a total area of over 60,000 square kilometres and is located in Central Queensland; running from Collinsville to Theodore. The entire region is home to many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.
Here's a list of mining companies with operations in the Bowen Basin.
- Peabody Energy Australia Pty Ltd
- New Hope Corporation Limited
- QCoal Pty Ltd
- Hail Creek Holdings Pty Ltd
- Mt Rawdon Operations Pty Ltd
- Glencore Coal Queensland Pty Limited
- Fitzroy Queensland Resources Limited
- Conquest Mining Limited
- Ravenswood Gold Pty Ltd
- BHP Coal Pty Ltd/li>
- Baralaba Coal Company Pty Ltd
- Anglo American Metallurgical Coal Pty Ltd
- Santos Limited (JV with Santos Limited, Petronas Total and Kogas)
- TEC Coal Pty Ltd
- TerraCom Australia
- Coronado Curragh Pty Ltd
- Yarrabee Coal Company Pty Ltd
For a more detailed view of the above list, here's the link to Queensland State Development mines list