The Adani Carmichael Coal mine is located in the Galilee Basin, west of Rockhampton Queensland which is set to be the biggest single coal province in the world.
Find out more on the Adani website: adaniaustralia.com.au
Carmichael Mine Information
ADANI's flagship Carmichael mine in the Galilee Basin is estimated to be a $16-24 billion project. It has could become the biggest thermal coal mine Australia has ever seen. The mine will include, rail line and significant updates to the Abbot Point port and ship loading facility at Bowen.
There are huge mining job opportunities for construction workers and other trades ranging from diesel mechanics to locomotive drivers, electricians and carpenters.
There has been much debate about whether the regional FIFO centre will be Rockhampton, Mackay or Townsville. Whichever city wins, there will be even more jobs as a spin off to the new mine. ** see Adani update 2016
The Adani Carmichael Mine Project has the ability to export more than 60mtpa of coal at its peak production phase. Mining operations will involve a massive infrastructure undertaking including a 400km rail line to Abbot Point, near Bowen. The mine itself is expected to create around 5,000 mining construction jobs and + 4,000 mine jobs when in full production.
When fully developed, the Carmichael Coal Mine will be the largest coal mine in Australia. The development of the mine and rail network will boost employment in the areas surrounding the mine.
This is a once in a lifetime opportunity to switch careers or look for a fresh start in the coal mining sector in Queensland.
Existing workers looking to take advantage of this new project and secure employment, should think about getting the right training and appropriate certification that meets the Government legislation around WHS and the Coal Mining Safety & Health Act 1999.
Carmichael mine facts
- The project has a potential mine life of 90 years.
- An investment of approximately $10 billion.
- A permanent work force of 4000 people is anticipated.
- The mine is expected to be around 45 kilometres long.
- Carmichael Mine is located on the Moray Downs cattle station (Isaac Regional Council area), about 160km north-west of Clermont, QLD.
- Mining operations are expected to be a combined of 6 open pit and underground workings.
- Each pit is expected to produce 10 million tonnes of coal a year.
- Coal destination and stockpiling at Abbott Point coal terminal near Bowen via a 185 km rail line (to be built) where it will join the the existing QR National Network; and
- Coal exports are predominantly headed for India with the first coal exports around early 2016.
Recommended training courses and certifications you need to better your chances of getting a job with Adani at the Carmichael Mine.
- Complete a mining induction course (Recognised Standard 11). This is a well structured and engaging safety training course that will introduce new starters or workers entering the mining industry to life in the industry. Read more about mining induction safety training courses and book your spot online.
- Arrange a medical health check referred to as a Coal Board Medical. This is a requirement by the Coal Mine Workers` Health Scheme. Coal mining companies must ensure that a health assessment is carried out for each person who is to be offered employment, or is already employed in the coal mining industry. Read more about the Coal Board Medical.
- You must have a mining focused resume prepared before you apply for a position. If your resume is not up to date and structured correctly, you risk having your resume overlooked by the automated resume scanning software that is designed to look for selected keywords contained in your resume. This is the first hurdle where many applicants fall, however, there is a solution. Invest in your future and read through our resume tips for mining jobs and have a look at the resume writing service - it works!
Carmichael mining job applications
Adani will be running ads for Administrative Support, Technical, Trades/Support, Management, Finance, Health & Safety, Environment, Engineering, Purchasing & Logistics, Construction, Legal, Rail and Port, with many more jobs being made available as construction ramps up. So if you're looking for an entry-level mining job or a professional career, this could be your perfect opportunity to join the industry.
How do I get a job at the Carmichael mine if I have no experience?
Many people ask us how to get a mining job with no experience? There are a lot of factors and answers to this question. It depends on your previous experience, qualifications, whether you have the correct certifications, tickets and also the right attitude.
There could be a lot of opportunity for new starters to get a foot-in-the-door, so even if you have never worked in the mining industry, with the right mix of certification, experience and ability - you could score a job with Adani at its Carmichael mine.
If you need to talk with someone about booking in to a training course, or you need help with your resume, call Industry Pathways on 0403 560 594, they have specialist advisers on hand to help.
As iMINCO is an information provider and not an RTO, we utilise the training and industry experience of Industry Pathways -, who are a leading provider of mining training.
Learn more about the Bowen Basin mining location.
The Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the world’s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queensland’s first Governor, Sir George Bowen.
The Bowen Basin covers an area of over 60,000 square kilometres in Central Queensland running from Collinsville to Theodore and is dotted with many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.
Caterpillar Haul truck 793
The 793F has a load cpacityof 226.8 ton (US) and a top speed of 60 kilometres an hour. It's a turbocharged air-to-air aftercooled diesel engine that has enhanced power management capability for maximum hauling performance. The C175-16 is a 16-cylinder, four-stroke design that uses long, effective power strokes for optimum efficiency.
The 793F, is an autonomous-driven truck. Over 100 793F trucks are now operating via Command for hauling, the Cat autonomous truck operations system, which is a part of Cat MineStar™
Read more about the CAT 793 automomous mining dump truck on our website.
Resources and Infrastructure Industry (RII)
Commonly refered to as Black Coal Competency (BCC), the RII competency is one that can be attained by an operator who has previously worked in the industry and has completed a number of operating hours on various types of machinery.
RII competency is granted to prove correct and safe operation of mine site machinery. It is a very useful qualification to have, as it confirms the operator has the required experience and expertise.
You can transfer your nationally recognised civil Excavator, Front End Loader or Dozer tickets only to RII Black Coal Competencies.