See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
7/7 roster Coal Mining Shift Undermanager
- 7/7 roster
- Opportunity to join a new operation
- Bowen Basin location
Bounty Mining has finalized the acquisition of Cook Colliery and is in the process of bringing the mine back into production utilizing a bord and pillar style mining operation. Coal production is expected to commence in the first quarter of 2018 and Bounty aims to progressively increase production to a total 1.8 million tonnes of product over 12 months.
Bounty are also proposing to develop the Minyango coking coal deposit which is adjacent to Cook Colliery for which a Mining lease has been granted. Bounty will also continue development of the Wongai project in North Qld which has a longer-term horizon.
The initial Cook Colliery operation will be staffed by a small Owner’s team managing contractors. This team will grow as production increases over the next 12 months. This is an exciting opportunity to join a motivated and dynamic team in a growing company that is set to become a major player in underground coal in Qld.
The position will be located in the Bowen Basin on a 7/7 roster with the opportunity for development and career progression.
The purpose of the role is to coordinate all activities across each shift and to ensure the safety or people whilst meeting production targets.
Reporting to the Mine Manager, your responsibilities will include:
- Maintaining a safe and productive mining environment
- Contribute mining expertise to the development of the plan for all major processes containing strategy, systems, sequence, standards and time frames.
- Applying statutory obligations
- Communicating plans and issues to relevant stakeholders in a timely manner
- Providing Mentoring and coaching
- Produce the shift report covering maintenance/production work undertaken, outstanding planned work, equipment breakdowns etc
- Highlight activities and issues for the daily review meeting, and for updating the daily plan.
- Review and advise on the practicality and effectiveness of the daily plan.
They would be pleased to receive your application should you possess the skills and experience in the following:
- Experience in Underground Coal Mining
- Strong leadership & coordination skills
- Previous experience in the role of Shift Undermanager or Deputy/ERZ Controller
- A sound understanding of the Coal Mining Safety and Health Act, regulations and JRA’s.
- Well-developed interpersonal, verbal and written communications skills
- Proactive approach to workplace safety and commitment to zero harm.
To be considered for this opportunity, please apply via the link below.
Alternatively, should you wish to know more about this opportunity please contact Luke on 07 4970 0800 or firstname.lastname@example.orgClick Apply for 7/7 roster Coal Mining Shift Undermanager Bowen Basin
About the Bowen Basin
The Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the world’s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queensland’s first Governor, Sir George Bowen.
The Bowen Basin covers an area of over 60,000 square kilometres in Central Queensland running from Collinsville to Theodore and is dotted with many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.